Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by justcruz'n

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by justcruz'n
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: justcruz'n
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Westbound Transatlantic
This is the first time I am writing a review on Cruise Critic. Please forgive me if the order is not right.

I recently was on the lovely Celebrity Silhouette with my wife. Embarked in Civitavecchia Rome December 1st - December 16th, 2012 in Ft. Lauderadale.

The ship was the nicest ship I have been on. Oasis of the Seas was also an eye popper but in a different way.

Everything thing was great on the ship, from the Bistro Five service to the main dining room service with live music in the grand Foyer where cruise passengers were dancing.

The only real complaint I have about Celebrity is in the Oceanview Cafe where buffet breakfast and lunch is served daily. I noticed this as well on my Celebrity Century voyage to Alaska in July. Thought it was a one off. The workers who cleans tables don't seem to be as efficient as other cruiselines. I would see them walking by the tables where ther are plates and untentsils. Not sure what the issue was. So sometimes it was hard to find tables to sit. Despite this I would still go on Celebrity but in their Solstice class vessels.

We stayed a night in Rome. Public transit in Italy is really cheap and is based on the honor system. It was raining when we arrived that night but go on the express bus that we paid $15 Euros per person for. There was also a city like bus for 4 Euros. Not sure why we didn't take that option. They both take you to the Main Termini station.

Embarking in Civitavecchia was easy since it was slow season and sinc only the Celebrity Silhoutte and the Norwegian ship was there. The Norewegian was docked quite a ways.

Taking this Westbound transatlantic was great because as we were returning back to North America, the time would go back an hour almost every day. This was great because you wont' feel jetlag when you return back to you home city or you won't feel as much of a jetlag.

Publication Date: 12/22/12
Read the Transatlantic ports review by justcruz'n
More Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews