Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by lwilki4

Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Shore Excursions 5+

Lovely First Time Cruise
I definitely had concerns about the cruise after reading reviews on the Bahamas Celebration...however, as a very critical person myself, I must say I was pleased with the 2 day cruise!

Of course there were somethings I didn't like, but the pro's outweighed the con's.

Yes, there are 220 volt outlets, but if you do research before you came (which I did) I already knew that so I just bought a 220 to 110 converter online from amazon for about 30 bucks. It worked great. Now, online their website states they only give converters to people if its an emergency. When I called, the lady I talked to said no, they give out converters on the ship first come first serve. Due to the fact this lady I was talking to didn't sound so smart, I just decided to bring my own converter anyways.....and it worked fine.

The room - I had ocean view room. Very small, but hey you don't come to the cruise to sit in the room all day anyways.

The food - went to 9th deck to eat when I first got on boat - that was like cafeteria food, not good at all. First night we had reservations at Crystal Room - it was really good. Second night, we went to the Cove for additional 25 dollars per person (plus tip included). I will say it was definitely worth it...it was a birthday celebration for my mom and she really enjoyed the dinner. Everything was good and wait staff was excellent and really nice.

The ship overall is old but kept up good in my opinion.

The pool - that's like a big glass tub LOL....didn't get in that thing.

I didn't go to any of the shows, I was too pooped both nights by 10pm (oldie) but my mom and sister went to one the first night and they said they enjoyed it.

THE CONS or SURPRISES I SHOULD SAY

At check in - they want a credit card on file or a $100 dollar cash deposit per person....for what purpose? Who knows but I didn't like the fact I had to put a credit card on file and I just couldn't pay cash for stuff as I go. I purposely gave them a credit card I keep for companies I don't trust because it only has a 300 dollar credit limit on it. Then I get a note in my room saying oh they tried to charge my card over 300 dollars and they couldn't. For what reason were they doing that when I didn't buy anything? Smh

Freeport - Surprise, they never tell you that the port we are docking into has no beach area, until you're on the ship. You're three options when you dock are stay on the boat, shopping in freeport on your own, or doing some of the execursions they offer. We decided to do the glassboat tour and grand lucan hotel beach day but glass boat tour was cancelled due to water being too choppy. There was nothing else really left we wanted to do because by the time we found that out, everything was sold out. So our family decided to just do the grand lucyan beach day without the lunch for like 40 bucks per person. The grand lucyan beach area = AWESOME!!! They had an infiniti pool was beautiful, beach was beautiful and had jacuzzi, volleyball, a bar outside with tv to watch games (it was a Sunday NFL Football woooo!!!) anyways, the hotel beach day was worth it. Then there is shopping walking distance from the hotel and you can safely walk there without being hounded or scared to walk to the area.

When we got to the shopping area, we found another tour place so I asked them what tours they had available since most of the cruise ship tours were sold out. The lady sold me the "Dolphin Encounter" Tour for WAYYYY less than what they tried to sell it to us for on the cruise ship. Dolphin Encounter on cruise ship was $110 for adult, $98 for child. The lady by the hotel charged me $85 for adult and $50 for child on the same exact tour. SOLD!!! My son and I went, and it was awesome! It took about two hours, then we went back to the grand lucyan hotel and stayed there until 5pm.

Something else that also sucked was it took about an hour waiting in line to get back through customs when we got back to Palm Beach.

I say if you are looking for a quick getaway to paradise this is definitely the cruise to take I really loved it!!!

Publication Date: 12/22/12