Carnival Legend 5

Cruise review of Carnival Legend

CptCayman
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Our trip started on Saturday. We arrived at the Marriott downtown and were greeted with a smile from the front desk attendant. This trip was a mini family reunion with families traveling from 3 different states. After checking in we gathered in the lobby to go to the Laughing Cat Italian restaurant in Ybor City. The drinks and food were great. The cruise was set to sail on Sunday. After brunch we received a text message from Carnival advising us not to go to port due to dense fog. We actually went to the ship at 8PM. We were forced to enjoy the pool at the hotel while we waited. Carnival gave every passenger a $40 dollar on-board credit to cover the cost of breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Upon getting on board dinner was available in the dinning room and the Lido deck.
Our adventure continued with a day at sea before arriving in Cozumel. This port offers wonderful trips for sand and sea. We enjoyed the National Park. The next stop was Belize. Activities are available More if you are in fair to good shape. If not this is just another port with the usual shops. In Roatan we spent the day at the beach. Loved the view from the chair lift. Then on to the Cayman Island (my favorite). Dive, swim or have a trip to see the sting rays. They are all great. Remember to buy some rum cake. The coconut is especially good.

The ship is big. We did not explore it all. The shows were great. The dinning was excellent. The casino was good. The service was excellent. In the dinning room we were accommodated for a take of 11. Table 106. The waiter was JJ and catered to our every whim. The rooms are typical for a balcony. Plenty of space for hanging cloths and putting cloths on shelves. Our room steward was Aldo. He did a fantastic job.

My only complaints that I have are: 1) I received a free drink card for the Casino. (Yes I played a lot) However, I do not drink alcohol. I ordered a virgin pina colda I had to pay %4.50. 2) I like to arrange family reunions and unfortunately some members of my family smoke. The extremely limited areas for smoking has limited the number of families that will go on a cruise. I guess that is why they have all inclusive vacations in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Less

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 12/22/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review

Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?