Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ridethebus

Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 11
Public Rooms 5+

First time cruiser on Carnival Glory
Pros

Friendly, hardworking staff

Clean, efficient, spacious room

Embarkation and debarkation went very quickly with VIP status

Entire ship, including pools and hot tbs kept very clean

Drinks are mixed well, and delivered quickly. Burger bar was very good.

Crew does a decent job of managing crowds/lines.

Cons

On-board information on activities and ports is too brief. There is a two page brief each day, but there is not enough information about history or culture, just information on where to buy jewelry. This information should be available on the lido deck (where you spend most time)or delivered before you go to dinner so you have time to discuss plans for the next day.

On-board entertainment is poor. For example: we paid $25 to play bingo. We spent 20 minutes waiting for them to fix the computer/projector. They called 10 numbers. Someone yelled Bingo, and they thanked us for coming. 5 minutes tops. I expect more than that for $25. I'd like to see more chances to win stupid prizes. Honestly - I don't care about the prize, I like the competition, the thrill of victory, the fun of meeting people. It wouldn't cost Carnival anything to let me win a coffee mug, a sun visor or a cheap t-shirt, but it would go along way to making me feel good about my $25. They also need more varied activities (crafting, scrapbooking, scavenger hunt, cooking demo??) and more notice of the schedule of those activities. Comedy act is too short for comedian to get in the groove. Timing of the big shows didn't work well for the early dinner hour so we did not attend. Then there is the photos. They take them all the time and want you to go find them, already printed, and pay $10. In this day and age, they should be offering options for those photos on mugs, calendars, books, and mouse pads. (I'm just sayin')

Dining room food was blah. Decent selection and I liked that the menu changed daily. Food was delivered weird. You'd get caesar salad and they'd ask if you wanted parmesan cheese 10 minutes later. Lasagna had no noodles. Best I can say is they had interesting soups.

Before I leave the wrong impression - we had a great time. I just think Carnival could do better if they were a little more creative.

Publication Date: 12/22/12