Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ridethebus: First time cruiser on Carnival Glory

ridethebus
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

First time cruiser on Carnival Glory

Sail Date: December 2012

Pros
Friendly, hardworking staff
Clean, efficient, spacious room
Embarkation and debarkation went very quickly with VIP status
Entire ship, including pools and hot tbs kept very clean
Drinks are mixed well, and delivered quickly. Burger bar was very good.
Crew does a decent job of managing crowds/lines.

Cons
On-board information on activities and ports is too brief. There is a two page brief each day, but there is not enough information about history or culture, just information on where to buy jewelry. This information should be available on the lido deck (where you spend most time)or delivered before you go to dinner so you have time to discuss plans for the next day.

On-board entertainment is poor. For example: we paid $25 to play bingo. We spent 20 minutes waiting for them to fix the computer/projector. They called 10 numbers. Someone yelled Bingo, and they thanked us for coming. 5 minutes tops. I expect more than that for $25. More I'd like to see more chances to win stupid prizes. Honestly - I don't care about the prize, I like the competition, the thrill of victory, the fun of meeting people. It wouldn't cost Carnival anything to let me win a coffee mug, a sun visor or a cheap t-shirt, but it would go along way to making me feel good about my $25. They also need more varied activities (crafting, scrapbooking, scavenger hunt, cooking demo??) and more notice of the schedule of those activities. Comedy act is too short for comedian to get in the groove. Timing of the big shows didn't work well for the early dinner hour so we did not attend. Then there is the photos. They take them all the time and want you to go find them, already printed, and pay $10. In this day and age, they should be offering options for those photos on mugs, calendars, books, and mouse pads. (I'm just sayin')

Dining room food was blah. Decent selection and I liked that the menu changed daily. Food was delivered weird. You'd get caesar salad and they'd ask if you wanted parmesan cheese 10 minutes later. Lasagna had no noodles. Best I can say is they had interesting soups.

Before I leave the wrong impression - we had a great time. I just think Carnival could do better if they were a little more creative. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory

We had a suite (7268). Excellent room. Lots of closet space, under bed space, storage cabinets and drawers. Balcony was roomy. Bed was comfortable. TV was a decent size. There was no refrigerator, but staff kept ice in our cooler every day. Bathroom was private, with jacuzzi tub, separate dressing area and double sinks. Finishes were very nice. Lots of lighting options. We were located on the 7th floor, near the forward elevators. There is a space open to the bar below on the 3rd floor, so at night we could hear the singing from the entertainment in the bar but the noise was minimal - we slept very well.

Tenders carrying passengers from ship to shore were slow. Ship is a long way out from the dock. We did not have time to shop here. Took a shore excursion -cave tubing through carnival. Transportation to the tour site took alot out of us. There was alot of waiting, driving and a tour guide who didn't know when to stop talking. The cave tubing was terrific. Guide was knowledgeable, tubing was relaxing and fun, lunch was some of the most tasteful food on the entire trip.

Loved that we pulled up to a dock. made debarkation/embarkation quick and flexible. Shopping village was decent. We took a cab to the Harley Davidson store and then downtown. Downtown jewelry sales people are worse than the timeshare sales people in Waikiki.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Nice port village, Dock is right downtown. Ship tenders here, but it's a short trip and there were plenty of boats ferrying passengers. We took a $4 taxi ride to 7 mile beach. Beach was very beautiful, not too crowded and you could easily walk to a quiet section if you were interested.

(5.5)
Loved the shopping village - they put alot of money into this place and it shows. The ship pulled up to the dock which is an added bonus. We booked a zip and dip tour from Pirates of the Caribbean. I can't say enough about what a class act this place is. fun, fun, fun. They met us on time, they have a very nice van for transportation, staff is professional and friendly. After zip-lining, they delivered us to a private beach resort. Service was fabulous, beach was beautiful. They picked us up on time as arranged and took us back to the port. Best day.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews