Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by RandyK

Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

First Celebrity Cruise
Our travel agent has always told me that Celebrity Cruise line is a notch above Princess(which we have done 13). So I was very excited to book and go on the transatlantic cruise on Dec 1st. Getting on the ship was very easy, it took about 15 minutes from the time we got to the terminal.

We had booked select dining, so we had dinner in the Grand Cuvee room. We did not make reservations for this room at first. They have 2 lines, the reservation line and non reservation line. We where in the non reservation line waiting and the hostess, ignored us while greeting and seating the reservation guests. I can see the reservation guests being seated, but I felt slighted because the hostess did not acknowledge us. All it would have taken is for her to say I will be right with you.

The food was always very salty in the main dining room. Three nights, we had assistant waiters that had not used deodorant and smelt of body order. 2 nights I received the wrong meal, and the head waiters on a number of nights, would hand you the menu by leaning over your back, and numerous times used wrong etticate as far as placement of dinnerware.

As for breakfast we ate only once in the Cuvee. We had 4 at our table. After we ordered our breakfast, one guest got her meal in about 10 min, but the three of us waited for 35 min until we had to ask why we where not getting our meal.

The buffet was also disappointing. The pastries where ordinary, nothing like I have had on the Princess ships. We ate breakfast one morning at the Aqua cafe because it is organic. The guy behind the counter did not even acknowledge us until we had to say "sir we would like to order". This also happened twice in the Grill area we they make the hamburgers.

The cabin steward did a fairly good job. One night he did not make up the cabin and did not leave Celebrity Today paper. So I called guest relations about 1130pm, to tell them that my cabin had not been made up and to send me a Celebrity Today paper. They wanted to know if I wanted to file a complaint, and have the cabin Steward come over and make up the cabin. I said that was not necessary because I was already in bed, and that all I wanted was the paper for tomorrow.

The storage in the room left little to be desired. The bathroom are bigger, but to get the bigger bathroom/shower they sacrificed storage space.

And one last thing. We are ballroom dancers. The dance floors are so small that it is hard to dance. Also, they only offered ballroom dancing from 7pm-9pm in the Sky Observation lounge. This was the time that we ate. Also we went to the dance classes. Instructors did a fair job, when they showed up. The assistant cruise director told us when we asked why no one showed up for a class "they're still sleeping they're dancers" This was told to us at 1130am when a class was scheduled for 11am.

The Captain was excellent, had a great personality, and mixed with the guests.

All in all very disappointed, probably will not cruise with Celebrity again.

Publication Date: 12/22/12