Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Steve551

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Steve551
Member Name: Steve551
Cruise Date: December 2012

Carnival Breeze
This was our 8th cruise on Carnival. We liked the way Carnival checked us in at the airport in Miami and the airport to ship transfer went without a hitch. Once we arrived at the port we had a long wait to get on the ship. Luckily we were in group 1 so we were onboard by 12:30pm

We were pleased with our balcony cabin on deck 9. The decor of the ship was nice and light and didn't look like the glitzy Carnival party ships of the past.

I could spend a long time telling you how nice everything was but that's not what I want to read about when I look at these reviews. I want to know the BAD things.... So here goes.

The service in the dining room (Plush upper) was not up to even Carnival's standards. Service was slow and they forgot to bring things we ordered. Food was delivered to people at our table at different times and on a couple of occasions not delivered at all. The food was standard Carnival fare. Not great but not bad. Actually it was a little boring. This was my 8th trip with Carnival and the food was the same offering as on the Dream in Dec 2011.

The C-Days BBQ was a huge disappointment. I am originally from the southeast and have eaten good BBQ...The BBQ on the Breeze was not good.

The buffets were numerous, usually crowded, and the food wasn't very tasty. I didn't eat at the buffets unless there was no other option. The Mongolian Wok was okay, again usually very crowded. The burrito bar was GREAT as was the India, sushi, and hamburger eateries.

Our biggest disappointment was the entertainment or lack of I should say. It is obvious that Carnival is "cutting back" in this area. The comedy shows were in a small theater and always VERY crowded and SRO unless you arrived 45 minutes early. The dance shows were smaller and relied on video props. Some nights there were no shows at all.

And finally Carnival is still rationing the bacon on the buffet line......

All this said, I have already booked another cruise on the Breeze for November 9, 2013 (The Carnival Poker Cruise). But in-between I'm looking forward to cruises on RCI in March and Celebrity in June.

Publication Date: 12/22/12