Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by dlee1235

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: GS

Can you give -1
Booked a Grand Suite with jacuzzi, I had been cruised only with Princess for 7 times. Very happy every time. I thoughted Carnival & Princess are same company, it should not be too bad. WRONG!!!! I will tell you the GOOD, the BAD and the UGRLY.

Good, the king size bed Grand suite with Jacuzzi is great, only thing that save this cruise. of cause the only T.V. is so small that you can not see.

Bad, all the shows are BAD, walked out every one of them after 10 minutes.

THE UGRLY, too many to mention, but I'll try:

Food, the worst, out of the 21 meals, counting 3 a day, I only had ONE GOOD MEAL at a lunch.

I booked the Steak house and Chef table asap I got on board. But after I found out beside the $35 pp, which is reasonable. If you order an extra main dish, they will charge you extra $20. And you are only limited to 1 appetizer, 1 salad & 1 soup. After I tasted the foods in the dinner room, We figured the Steak house & Chef dinner are NO BIG DEAL. We ended up canceling everything.

Service, What service, the waiter will slam the used fork down on the table, so you will use it again and again,if you order more than one appetizer. At the breakfast, they DO NOT change the table cloth, just cleaned it & reuse it for the next guest. YEAH !!!!!LOL

Staff, most of them Do NOT GREED YOU, when they pass you. If they are pushing a cart, be careful they will not stop or slow down.

Movies, The worst, Out of the 7 days, we only watch 1/2 of the one movie, the rest of the movies, forget it, do not even want to waste our time.

Well, you know what I went through!! It was a CRUISE TO HELL.

On May 19-26, we are taking the Alaska cruise. Guess what, I'm back to Princess.

Sorry for all the complains, But I just wanted to air it out.

Publication Date: 12/20/12