Adventure of the Seas 3

“You get what you pay for”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

crazygracie
Member Since 2012
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

One week ago we returned from a 7 night so. Caribbean cruise. The last night on the ship I had a sore throat, the next day a head cold. the next day terrible chest congestion. I have been out of commission for the entire last week, am still coughing, achy, out of breath, and tired. THis, the week before Christmas! I was extremely careful to use hand sanitizes and wash my hands frequently since I had cancer a few years ago, but got it anyway. I'm wondering if others also got this disease.

This was our second cruise, the first in the Mediterranean, aboard the Celebrity Summit. So, to compare; cabin about the same. service on both good, food - much better on Celebrity, but we were able to find things we liked. The first dinner on board I ordered the strip steak, and it was too tough to chew. Other items were better. The night we went to the Portofino, after hearing great things from our main dining room table mates, we were very disappointed. The appetizers were excellent, More but again, the steak was awful - mushy and flavorless, and dessert lousy.

Also, we were assigned to a table for 6. One couple was honeymooners, and the other couple was about our age - 60ish. The first night, it was obvious that the young couple was not happy to be at our table, and they did not return. That left us with the one other couple. The night that they ate at the Portafino, we ate alone. Other nearby tables had 8 person seating, and we could hear them laughing and sharing daily stories. We felt very left out. On our Celebrity cruise we were seated with 3 other couples, all of whom we enjoyed enormously, and since they were one of the main reasons we enjoyed that cruise so much, we were very disappointed. I think RC did assign people by language, but they could certainly go further in finding similar backgrounds - as Celebrity does. Also, our table was in the back corner, behind a room partition, so we could not see any of the shows.

This was not a very expensive cruise, thus, you get what you pay for. If you want a higher class cruise experience, you probably shouldn't sail RC. I doubt that we will again. Less

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I have Danish ancestors, so was hoping to get a little of Danish flavor. Didn't see it. Nice beach.

beautiful, but there is extreme poverty. you probably wouldn't be safe wandering around many areas.

Published 12/20/12

Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?