Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by G8R62

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: U119
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Trip Report Carnival Ecstacy 12/8 13/2012
Cabin U119: toilet stained, bathroom floor soft, spongy, broken. Couldn't close a/c vent - cold (finally repaired, 2nd day). Room steward poor attitude -- didn't want to do things the way we wanted -- bed arrangement, remove duvets, provide blankets, etc. Potable water bad chemical taste. People across hall played with very noisy young child in hallway until they were finally convinced they were bothering their neighbors. Excellent room location for our activities.

Shops out of Patron tequila 1st night. Bought two 375 ml bottles in shop at Freeport for $66. No bargain, that price should have been for 750 ml bottles -- this is my fault for buying a no-bargain. Ecstasy shops should not have run out of this item on first night.

Hallways: strong sewer gas odor for over 24 hrs. This seems to be an occasional problem on many cruise ships and eventually goes away.

Dining Room: waiter - slow, forgetful, very nice -- sometimes had helpers, sometimes not. Matre' d hyper, noisy. We had made special request for a table for 6. At first gave us a table for 8 -- when 2 outsiders were seated with us, I found Maitre' d and complained -- he moved them -- turns out they were assigned to another table anyhow. I was very embarrassed. Menu OK, not great. Lido OK. Maitre' d ignored us after first night. Table set for 6 on subsequent nights. Table so close to wall the waiter had to hand the food across the table.

Casino: Sam Henderson mgr - young, very personable, great with passengers. Malan slot mgr - very good. Manish host - very good. Mary asst host -- learning fast. At first the video poker machines limited out at $1500 and went to hand pay which took at least 15 minutes -- finally convinced Casino Manager that he was losing at least $500 of my play while waiting for hand pay -- he changed it to $2500 -- I was happier, I think he was also.

Casino Point Rewards: 15,150 points: 1st offer; 20% off next cruise (3 -- 5 day, oceanview) + $150 credit (I was insulted by this), 2nd offer; cruise (3 -- 5 day, oceanview) for one + $150 (this was also insulting to me), 3rd offer; cruise (3 -- 5 day, oceanview) for two + $150. By the time we got to the 3rd offer, I was totally upset. Royal Caribbean International rewards the same points with a free seven day cruise for two in a balcony cabin plus approximately $2500 - $3000 cash.

Something new regarding casino drinks -- a drink card. I was prequalified for free drinks while gambling, but could not buy drinks for my wife. Convinced casino host to provide drinks for my wife. Bar Server rules: no water with wine -- drinks must be 15 minutes apart, water is a drink. Customer must be playing table games or slots to be served. No doubles (see 15 minute rule). Afraid to order Bailey's and coffee -- surely rules against this.

No comment cards provided for passengers to fill out.

Carnival Sensation seems to be consistently better than Carnival Ecstasy in all respects -- Why?

Publication Date: 12/22/12