Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by melanieb: Celebrity Reflection

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Bahamas Cruises

Celebrity Reflection

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas

My husband and I have been on many Celebrity Cruises and always enjoy them.
We flew into Miami the night before and had a wonderful stay. This cruise did not seem as well prepared as most Celebrity Cruises we have taken.

Embarkation was fast. We were on the ship by 11:30. Lunch at the buffet was wonderful. No lines and servers were all had a smile. We were in our rooms by 1:00. The Concierge room was beautiful. Our room attendant forgot quite a few things that should of been in our room. There were no red wine glasses so we used our champagne glasses. When we went to drink our champagne he had taken the dirty glasses and never brought clean ones. He did not bring our canapes the second day. We sat on our balcony and waited but they never arrived. One of our breakfast meals were forgotten. Food in the MDR was great but we were very disappointed there was no escargot, lobster tail or filet mignon on this cruise.

It was a three day cruise and I would of More thought they would of put out their best each evening. There was no captains club event and there was no formal night. To me it was not as exquisite of a cruise as other Celebrity cruises. We went to Michael's Club the first night to try their fantastic new beer menu and were served potato chips with our beer. (Not very classy) In past cruises we have enjoyed mixed nuts and trail mixes. We attended two shows and were not very impressed. The magician was very childish and the singers were so so. Due to the weather we were unable to dock in the Bahamas. No one can control the weather and it was no fault of Celebrity. Celebrity decided to compensate the passengers by having open bar for 1 1/2 hours. This became a free for all. All the bars were chaotic with people yelling for free drinks. Celebrity has a beautiful private Island. There were plenty of chairs and lots of shade was available. We really enjoyed the indoor pool. We had no problems finding chairs. There were no children in this area and it was relaxing and peaceful.

All in all I think Celebrity really fell short on this sailing. Maybe after a few runs the Reflection will prove to be the high standard of her sister ships. Embarkation was fast and easy. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection

Our balcany room was beautiful. We had a bottle of Champagne and fresh fruit awaiting us. There was pleny of closet and drawer space. Our room was on the 9th floor and it was very quiet. The beds were soft and I slept very well.

Due to bad weather we were not able to dock in the Bahamas. We did stop at Celebrities beautiful private Island. There were more than enough chairs for everyone. I am a shade woman and there were plenty of trees to hide under. The lunch buffet was your usual dogs and burgers. I would rather eat on the ship but it was to much of a hassle to shuttle back and forth.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews