Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by anonymousegirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by anonymousegirl
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: anonymousegirl
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

3 Nights on Indy
I sailed on the Independence of the Seas a few weeks ago, on a short 3 day-er wanting to reacquaint myself with line after many years. My previous sailing were on Vision class ships so this Freedom class was a pretty big step up.

Overall, I enjoyed the cruise. As other reviewers have mentioned, we did not get to Nassau (not RCI's fault). I did not disembark in Freeport as I had little interest in that port. I actually had a meeting scheduled for Nassau but luckily was given enough notice that I could cancel via email.

While embarkation was delayed, they did start boarding us prior to the 1pm anticipated time.

I ate at Portofino's, Chops, and Johnny Rockets. Johnny's was okay and I really enjoyed both Portofino's and Chops. Both restaurants made me feel very welcome even though I was a solo diner. Chops came very close to being as good as my favorite steakhouse here at home (Silicon Valley).

My stateroom had very good storage and the shower was large enough thanks to the curved shower doors.

I liked the Royal Promenade and enjoyed the 70s Disco parade on the last night. The Labyrinth was a fun nightclub with great bartenders.

A little disappointed with the food in the Windjammer-almost cafeteria with weak fruit punch, and hamburgers similar to ones I used to get at school.

Loved the Solarium pool area and the spa/salon was well maintained and the stylists were friendly and well trained.

Plenty of live music around the ship--I listened in at the Pub and the Pyramid Lounge.

Wish the cinema offered popcorn--even for a fee. It wasn't the same watching "What to Expect when You're Expecting" without popcorn!

Overall, a successful cruise. There were some people on board determined to drink the ship dry, and some of them were obnoxious, but they were easy to avoid. I would certainly not have any hesitation to recommend Indy to my friends.

Publication Date: 12/21/12