Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler: Costa Med., THE WORST CRUISESHIP I have ever been on!

Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Costa Mediterranea Western Caribbean Cruises

Costa Med., THE WORST CRUISESHIP I have ever been on!

Sail Date: December 2012

Before we got on the ship we had a wheelchair tip over in front of a crew member, they NEVER offered to help. We were greeted by a rude Italian, not one English speaking concierge in site. When we asked for help they ignored us, we were told, "It was because we were American, The Costa Med. staff are not nice to Americans" The cabin they assigned us was NOT capable to handle a handicapped wheel chair, They told us it was. Info. Desk Staff told us, "If we did not like it, why don't you leave". Without help from the staff we acquired a foldup chair. It took 1 day to figure out how with packing tape to squeeze the chair together enough to fit through the door and tranfer to the chair we brought with us outside the room. Needless to say we could NOT use our rooms bathroom for the 10 day trip because you could NOT get into it. The Staff treat Handi-capped passenger terribly. Again the RUDEST STAFF I have ever met. They could care a less if your American - your dirt to them. There were More handicapped cabins aboard the ship taken by non-handicapped travelers, I know because I talked to them and they told me they booked the room only because it was larger. The staff never checked the Dr. Notices for these rooms. While my Father struggled for 10 days, RUDE Europeans took his room, If this is what Europe is like, I never want to visit there. This was a Trial Ship, meaning 90% of the staff had NEVER been on a ship before in their lives. The staff (while travelers watched) yelled and swore at crew members as they taught them how to launch lifeboats and gear. Mind you this same shipline in 3 words, "Sunk A Ship" last year. The meals that were served were cold, uncooked, overcooked, just plain terrible, I mean TERRIBLE. If you did not eat in the dining room, ONLY cardboard pizza was served in the buffet. I told F&B if you don't change this you will a mutiny on your hands, 2 days later (4th day) they served day old finger sandwiches, WOW!

In the dining room they did not know what Ice tea was, I ate 7 dinners in the dining room and only recieved 4 entrees, courses were overlooked, not served, salads were served without dressing when asked for. terrible wine list. watered down drinks at bars. Dr. services were terrible, used pain killers to solve severe head injuries, We asked to be helicoptered off ship and it was ignored. They would NOT help us. We were told by the Staff that Americans/Canadians do not have to pay gratuity because the ship was aware that they (Staff) never treated passenger correctly or with respect, but you had to sign papers to that effect. We paid gratuity to ONLY worthy staff like stewards. We even had to pay for port charges when we parked the ship 45 minutes away (by tender) from the dock, These Italians really know how to piss and rip you off. You would think that after sinking a ship they would step it up a notch in customer service, concierge etc. but no this was the WORST CRUISE SHIP I have ever been on. I plan on running a major ad campaign in the states/ worldwide to enlighten people and Americans to NEVER go on a COSTA CRUISESHIP!

Good Luck Costa this comes from a Major Las Vegas Hotel General Manager, Good luck! Less

Read more Costa Mediterranea cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Mediterranea Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Mediterranea Oceanview with Large Veranda Pagaso Deck

DON'T SELL A CABIN THAT YOU STATE ARE HANDICAPPED AND ARE NOT! CHECK THE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN HANDICAPPED CABINS AND IF THEY ARE NOT HANDICAPPED - KICK THEM OFF THE SHIP FOR BEING LIARS! STAFF NEEDS TO RESPECT TRAVELERS MORE

TENDERS! TENDERS! TENDERS! Our ship charged port taxes that we had to pay, even when we parked the ship 45 minute by tender to dock, (in my opinion they owe us back some port charges) I was traveling with a handicapped person and our ship, the Costa Med. does NOT know to help Handicapped people onto/or off of tenders very well. We stayed on the ship and packed because we were planning to fly home at the next port, because we had had enough of this terrible (Costa Med) ship. Ow did I mention "They Sunk A Ship".

TENDERS! TENDERS! TENDERS! I was traveling with a handicapped person and our ship, the Costa Med. does NOT know to help Handicapped people onto/or off of tenders very well.

Before we got on the ship we had a wheelchair tip over in front of a crew member, they NEVER offered to help. Costa Med. would not let us off the ship to report a grievance for 5 hrs. We were basically held hostage on the ship. I was under the impression you could get off at any port when ever you want. Costa Med's security would not let me leave.
Read 161 Miami Reviews

River Rafting

(5.5)
Costa Med. did'nt even know this excursion existed. You call yourselves excursion expert, Your a Joke! I beleive this is one of the BEST (Top 4) excursions in the Caribbean. Imagine a slow river 2mile/hr. gondola ride on a 30 foot bamboo by 4 ft wide raft with a soft padded chair on back and a Bob Marley singing eco-minded captain of the front of the raft guiding you along a tree/flower covered 1-3 ft deep river. This was the ONLY reason we took this cruise. My father wanted to do this on his 85 birthday... and we DID IT! without the cruiseships help. We had a BLAST! 2nd time doing it. If you are on a honeymoon, you have got to do this, with wine, grapes etc. Very Romantic and NOT crowded. Only two other people on the river. All the people that went to Ocho Rios (Thousands) saw crowds just like on the ship. Shame on the cruise for not finding original and uncrowded exotic things for travelers to do. Like I said the Costa MED is as IGNORENT as they are RUDE! Ow did I mention "They Sunk A Ship"

(5.5)
Again we went on an excursion the cruise ship did not know about. NO CROWDS, lots of Animals, Birds, Reptiles, Great Beach and Great food. These cruise ships need to do their homework on excursions because we know the BEST places to go and they don't.
Read 1643 Roatan Reviews