Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler
Costa Mediterranea
Costa Mediterranea
Member Name: Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: B6
See More About: Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Mediterranea Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Mediterranea Deck Plans
Costa Med., THE WORST CRUISESHIP I have ever been on!
Before we got on the ship we had a wheelchair tip over in front of a crew member, they NEVER offered to help. We were greeted by a rude Italian, not one English speaking concierge in site. When we asked for help they ignored us, we were told, "It was because we were American, The Costa Med. staff are not nice to Americans" The cabin they assigned us was NOT capable to handle a handicapped wheel chair, They told us it was. Info. Desk Staff told us, "If we did not like it, why don't you leave". Without help from the staff we acquired a foldup chair. It took 1 day to figure out how with packing tape to squeeze the chair together enough to fit through the door and tranfer to the chair we brought with us outside the room. Needless to say we could NOT use our rooms bathroom for the 10 day trip because you could NOT get into it. The Staff treat Handi-capped passenger terribly. Again the RUDEST STAFF I have ever met. They could care a less if your American - your dirt to them. There were handicapped cabins aboard the ship taken by non-handicapped travelers, I know because I talked to them and they told me they booked the room only because it was larger. The staff never checked the Dr. Notices for these rooms. While my Father struggled for 10 days, RUDE Europeans took his room, If this is what Europe is like, I never want to visit there. This was a Trial Ship, meaning 90% of the staff had NEVER been on a ship before in their lives. The staff (while travelers watched) yelled and swore at crew members as they taught them how to launch lifeboats and gear. Mind you this same shipline in 3 words, "Sunk A Ship" last year. The meals that were served were cold, uncooked, overcooked, just plain terrible, I mean TERRIBLE. If you did not eat in the dining room, ONLY cardboard pizza was served in the buffet. I told F&B if you don't change this you will a mutiny on your hands, 2 days later (4th day) they served day old finger sandwiches, WOW!

In the dining room they did not know what Ice tea was, I ate 7 dinners in the dining room and only recieved 4 entrees, courses were overlooked, not served, salads were served without dressing when asked for. terrible wine list. watered down drinks at bars. Dr. services were terrible, used pain killers to solve severe head injuries, We asked to be helicoptered off ship and it was ignored. They would NOT help us. We were told by the Staff that Americans/Canadians do not have to pay gratuity because the ship was aware that they (Staff) never treated passenger correctly or with respect, but you had to sign papers to that effect. We paid gratuity to ONLY worthy staff like stewards. We even had to pay for port charges when we parked the ship 45 minutes away (by tender) from the dock, These Italians really know how to piss and rip you off. You would think that after sinking a ship they would step it up a notch in customer service, concierge etc. but no this was the WORST CRUISE SHIP I have ever been on. I plan on running a major ad campaign in the states/ worldwide to enlighten people and Americans to NEVER go on a COSTA CRUISESHIP!

Good Luck Costa this comes from a Major Las Vegas Hotel General Manager, Good luck!

Publication Date: 12/17/12
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler
More Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Costa Mediterranea review Read the next Costa Mediterranea review

Cruise Critic's Costa Mediterranea Review