Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by rlpolobear9

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by rlpolobear9
Allure of the Seas
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Rates 5+

Great trip on the largest ship in the world
So for everyone who says the ship is to big and it's to crowd do not believe the hype, it was perfect from beginning to end. RCI thought of every little detail and brought it into this amazing ship. From the shows to the entertainment to the food venues all where really good.

Our room was a boardwalk balcony 11725, three from the end on the starboard side and it was great. We had a nice view of the aquatheather and boardwalk, plus the secret balcony aft. It was never really noisy and pretty neat to try this type of room, but if I had to do it again I'd stick to an ocean view balcony just for the privacy, it was a little hard to be able to sit out there whenever you wanted because you had to be decent to be out there. The bed was by the closet which worked for us and there was just enough storage space for us. The bathroom was good shower will be a little tight for bigger people. Me an DW are both 31 and in fairly good shape so it wasn't that big of a deal. The water pressure was great in the shower. Our room steward was Gilbert who was amazing and one night I forgot to take the do not disturb sign out of the door and he left a long note for me wanting to make sure everything was OK. The room was impeccable and always timely made up, he even thought of things to do before we could ask, just an amazing asset to the ship and so friendly.

We thought the entertainment and venues where great from the ice show to the 3d movies, karaoke, blaze, viking crown lounge rising tides, ocean aria, Chicago and boleros the music at the pool all where really great. The only show neither of us got was blue planet it was a total mess, anyone who says is it's like a Broadway show must have been drunk, we live in NY and go to shows all the time and it was nothing like anything I've ever seen, some parts where cool but it had no plot and was just all over the place. The drinks where all great DW fell in love the berry acai martini, I thought the beer selection was great.

We always found a spot at the pool our favorite was the beach pool always had more people but not crowded and it was close to the band playing and windjammer and bathrooms. We also really liked the overhanging hot tubs with the tv's in the adults area, the only issue was some people where unbelievably rude and if you placed your things on a bench would come and sit on them which I thought was weird, but I guess some people are just that way.

For food we went with the a specialty dining package and also booked Rita's fiesta with the critters. We only went to the main dinning room three times for diner and once for breakfast. Living in NYC and having traveled extensively we have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world, but our expectations where reasonable. Our favorites where in order:

Giovanni's- Our server made the meal he was from Romania and very funny. The gnocchi was great and the wine was very good, desert was OK.

Samba- The meat selections where great and the drinks where very good, so was the ambiance in the solarium.

Main dinning room- All three meals we had where really good the standouts where the fisherman's plate, the prime rib was to die for and the orecchinette. DW aldo like the duck, but the deserts where ehh nothing special

Chops- I had the filet and DW had the porterhouse, it's tough because we go to great steakhouses a lot so it was just OK nothing special. The red velvet cake was amazing though.

Rita's- the fiesta was fun plus we where there with a large group so that made it a little better imho, but the food was again just ok the three drinks made up for it but don't expect to get tipsy unless your a cheap date :P

Johnny Rockets- The service was horrible front of the house people where rude and servers where always arguing with the cooks etc... but the breakfast was great much better than the main dinning room.

We also did the rock climbing, mini golf, zip line and flow rider all where fun and never crowded which was great. Mainly though we just walked around and hung out at the pools. We ended almost every night with karaoke and a trip to the casino, blaze or the hot tub. Usually went to bed around 2-3 am and never has an issue sleeping or being woken up early, order room service a few times it was good and quick.

All in all we did everything we wanted to do on the ship and as much or as little as we wanted everyday. I planned everything out prior to boarding and had a spreadsheet for everyday so I knew what was going on and kept us on schedule, made life a lot easier. I would definitely recommend the ship again but with the limited itinerary not sure I wouldn't try another ship first, I'm just not sure anything could surpass this ship.

Publication Date: 12/17/12