Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by rlpolobear9: Great trip on the largest ship in the world

rlpolobear9
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great trip on the largest ship in the world

Sail Date: December 2012

So for everyone who says the ship is to big and it's to crowd do not believe the hype, it was perfect from beginning to end. RCI thought of every little detail and brought it into this amazing ship. From the shows to the entertainment to the food venues all where really good.

Our room was a boardwalk balcony 11725, three from the end on the starboard side and it was great. We had a nice view of the aquatheather and boardwalk, plus the secret balcony aft. It was never really noisy and pretty neat to try this type of room, but if I had to do it again I'd stick to an ocean view balcony just for the privacy, it was a little hard to be able to sit out there whenever you wanted because you had to be decent to be out there. The bed was by the closet which worked for us and there was just enough storage space for us. The bathroom was good shower will be a little tight for bigger people. Me an DW are both 31 and in fairly good shape so it wasn't that big of a deal. The water pressure More was great in the shower. Our room steward was Gilbert who was amazing and one night I forgot to take the do not disturb sign out of the door and he left a long note for me wanting to make sure everything was OK. The room was impeccable and always timely made up, he even thought of things to do before we could ask, just an amazing asset to the ship and so friendly.

We thought the entertainment and venues where great from the ice show to the 3d movies, karaoke, blaze, viking crown lounge rising tides, ocean aria, Chicago and boleros the music at the pool all where really great. The only show neither of us got was blue planet it was a total mess, anyone who says is it's like a Broadway show must have been drunk, we live in NY and go to shows all the time and it was nothing like anything I've ever seen, some parts where cool but it had no plot and was just all over the place. The drinks where all great DW fell in love the berry acai martini, I thought the beer selection was great.

We always found a spot at the pool our favorite was the beach pool always had more people but not crowded and it was close to the band playing and windjammer and bathrooms. We also really liked the overhanging hot tubs with the tv's in the adults area, the only issue was some people where unbelievably rude and if you placed your things on a bench would come and sit on them which I thought was weird, but I guess some people are just that way.

For food we went with the a specialty dining package and also booked Rita's fiesta with the critters. We only went to the main dinning room three times for diner and once for breakfast. Living in NYC and having traveled extensively we have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world, but our expectations where reasonable. Our favorites where in order:

Giovanni's- Our server made the meal he was from Romania and very funny. The gnocchi was great and the wine was very good, desert was OK.

Samba- The meat selections where great and the drinks where very good, so was the ambiance in the solarium.

Main dinning room- All three meals we had where really good the standouts where the fisherman's plate, the prime rib was to die for and the orecchinette. DW aldo like the duck, but the deserts where ehh nothing special

Chops- I had the filet and DW had the porterhouse, it's tough because we go to great steakhouses a lot so it was just OK nothing special. The red velvet cake was amazing though.

Rita's- the fiesta was fun plus we where there with a large group so that made it a little better imho, but the food was again just ok the three drinks made up for it but don't expect to get tipsy unless your a cheap date :P

Johnny Rockets- The service was horrible front of the house people where rude and servers where always arguing with the cooks etc... but the breakfast was great much better than the main dinning room.

We also did the rock climbing, mini golf, zip line and flow rider all where fun and never crowded which was great. Mainly though we just walked around and hung out at the pools. We ended almost every night with karaoke and a trip to the casino, blaze or the hot tub. Usually went to bed around 2-3 am and never has an issue sleeping or being woken up early, order room service a few times it was good and quick.

All in all we did everything we wanted to do on the ship and as much or as little as we wanted everyday. I planned everything out prior to boarding and had a spreadsheet for everyday so I knew what was going on and kept us on schedule, made life a lot easier. I would definitely recommend the ship again but with the limited itinerary not sure I wouldn't try another ship first, I'm just not sure anything could surpass this ship. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Boardwalk view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 8 11725

Closet has small, safe was in a bad spot (DW banged her head twice) and really small, it barley fit and i pad and a mini. The view was nice of the aqua theater and wake.

(5.5)
We really love Mexico we've been three times now recently and every time has been great. We went to Buccanos at the Club Caribe hotel, since this was a long day in port we woke up late and caught a cab for $15 to the beach. Don't book the trip for $60 they sell when you get off it's way cheaper to go on your own. We where the second people there and got a great spot overlooking the beach near the pool and tucked away from the crowds that came later in the day. There where 7 ships in port that day so I could only imaging the crowds at the more popular spots. I ordered a bucket a beer for $17 and then food and my DW drinks came to $30 for the whole day. I slept off the beers and then we went shopping downtown (cab was $7) and then headed back the ship and shopped a little more (cab was $5). It was totally the best day of our tip and where so glad we went off the beat and path and found our little slice of heaven here.
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

Booked the chukka beach break without lunch and it was great one of the best values of the trip. For $29 we got a trip tot he beach chairs a little shade and a great beach with nice gentle waves and clean water. There where some people selling stuff but a no thank you worked and a little shack selling food, drinks and snacks. We stayed the whole day here and where so sad to leave. We went back tot he port and shopped for a little but and then ate at Spice which was really good. Haiti could learn a few things from this port in terms of layout tours and service also the facilities which are top notch and really clean. The workers we talked to where so happy because another huge ship was in port with us the Carnival Magic and all the stores and excursions where full, which should bring great hope to this very nice port.
Read 476 Falmouth Reviews

We actually won an excursion for our meet and mingle raffle to the sandbar island, which I really wanted to do anyway so it was nice I only had to pay $25 for me and DW as the island was really small and dirty. The guys on the boat where really friendly and the beer cold. Once back on labadee we went and got lunch which was really good then took a short ride over to Nellie's beach which was great and uncrowded. It rained for about 20 mins and that cleared out the beach nicely and we slept under a palapa. We did bring our own floats bought at target for $7 each, they fold up into little flat circles which is great for traveling. The workers on the island and public areas leave a lot to be desired, and everything on the island is wayyyyyy over priced. I don't think I'd ever want to book a trip with this place included again.
Read 357 Labadee Reviews