Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by norfolkvaguy: Sickness On Board

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sickness On Board

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Other

Starting on our 5th day of the cruise, my wife was in and out of Deck 1 Medical Facility with an upper respiratory disease that she caught during the cruise (incubation is approximately 3 days) and was treated with antibiotics. That apparently caused her to come down with diverticulitis, which in my wife's case caused severe abdominal pains. Initial pain killers did not work. Finally she was given the good stuff and we made it home, where I immediately dropped her off at our hospital. The doctor kept her for two nights.

I caught the upper respiratory infection after the 7th day on board.

We both used good sanitary procedures throughout the cruise, which apparently was not enough to prevent contact with the carrier person.

We went on the cruise to revitalize our selves from high tension jobs. This was our 7th time on the Explorer, but also our last.

Possibly also our last with Royal Caribbean because they have gone down hill in other areas.

I More was told their is no credit for missed days, even though it probably was a crew member that passed on the disease.

We know of several others on board who also came down with the disease.

Has anyone else know of this problem on the Explorer? Has every ship this uncontrolled disease? Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>