Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by sngleme121

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: sngleme121
Cruise Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Breeze was okay
First off...I had a great time on my cruise because of the group I was with.

But the Breeze left a lot to be desired in my opinion for being a new ship. This was my first experience with Carnival. Check in was a breeze...LOL! Very easy. Cabin was okay...we had an inside cabin. Ship itself was weird. The design was strange. The shopping area on the Promenade was designed in a circle which was stupid because this left little room to pass through when there were sales going on. It was not a good choice for a design. The elevators were horrible and always crowded...most of the time we took the stairs as much as we could. I've been on the Oasis which is the largest ship and the elevators were less crowded to me. Most of the time you had to go the opposite way just to get to your destination. I hated the Promenade deck because you had to walk through the Casino to get to other parts of the ship. I don't gamble and don't smoke so I hated having to go through there. We tried going to the ONE club they had on the ship (Liquid Lounge, I think). We walked in and walked out immediately because they allowed SMOKING in there....so we didn't get to dance or just sit and enjoy music. Why would they allow smoking in there....DUMB!

Food was okay...waiters had to be asked repeatedly to refill glasses. Most of the time they didn't come back. The menu was lacking although I did try some things that I had never tried before. But I have had better. Our main server was very nice. Food in the buffet for breakfast and lunch was lackluster...the same ole, same ole. And the lines for getting omelets was ridiculous.

We ate at the italian restaurant the last night which was EXCELLENT!

The entertainment was NOT GOOD...how many times can one sit and play trivia games. But there was nothing else to do. So you sat in one spot and played Golden Girls trivia, sports trivia, match game...on and on and on.

The shows were not good either...Divas was boring and the game show portion was dumb. The one comedian I saw was funny.

The Serenity area for adults only was nice but was crowded most of the time. The fitness center was very small for the number of people on this ship...I worked out at 6 AM and there were people standing around waiting for equipment.

Again I had fun because of the group I was with. This same group is traveling Carnival again next year and want me and DH to go...I am hesitant with booking Carnival again because of my experience.

Publication Date: 12/17/12