Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dammish30

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: dammish30
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: VS
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        3-6 4.0

NO MORE CARNIVAL FOR US
My husband and I took our daughter on the Miracle out of New York City November 30th through December 8th. First, let me begin by saying that the Manhatten Terminal is disgustingly dirty and disorganized, not to mention the $285.00 it costs to park your car at the pier. The terminal agents are unpleasant - typical New Yorkers. Do not expect niceties ... these people do not care. It is not nearly the same treatment you receive when you embark out of Tampa or warmer climates.

The Room (8273): The room was really nice - a Vista Suite. Hardwood flooring as you walk in, a real shower (not a shower curtain that sticks to you when you are showering), King bed, and wrap around balcony. It is wonderful. EXCEPT for the fact that a few times we found cigarette packages on our balcony. Keep in mind if you are interested in this nice Vista Suite that the Serenity deck (adult retreat) is located directly above you. We would have thought that these mature adults were above tossing their cigarette packs onto the deck below, but we learned differently.

Room Service: For the first three days, room service did not answer the phone. When I called, a recording came on that said "please hold, we will be with you shortly." However, shortly never came. Finally, I went to Guest Services and asked them to call. Interestingly enough, Room Service answered immediately. After ordering Room Service, food still had not arrived 60 minutes later. I called to ask and my order had never been placed.

Stateroom Stewards: Fabulous. These people work so very hard!

Cleanliness: Ok, here is where it gets interesting. My husband and I witnessed handfuls of people placing their water bottles under the water spicket on in main buffet area. We said to each other "someone is going to get sick before this cruise is over." Days later, cruise staff was seen with Purell dispensers, and were requiring people to use the Purell before touching anything in the buffet area. Also, the Carnival staff was serving the desserts. From what we can gather, the entire 4th deck was extremely sick! Hmmm, I guess we were right and that they should have prevented people from placing their personal water bottles under the spickets. People are really stupid and there is no shortage of stupid on the Miracle.

There are more motorized wheelchairs and Hoverrounds than I have seen in a nursing home. I mean really .... come on. You can hardly move because of the space that these things take up and forget about getting a table near the deli or pizza station at lunch or breakfast. If you do, the table will only be marginally clean.

Pizza Pirate: The 24/7 pizza is a joke. Pizza is never ready and there is always a line waiting for pizza. The workers at the pizza station treat you disrespectfully and act like you are putting them out. Numerous people were complaining about the "24/7" pizza ... not to mention, the pizza is not good at all. It is not even as good as a frozen Freschetta pizza. Pizza Pirate offers Caesar salad but if you ask for one, they will rudely tell you to get if off the salad bar. Pay careful attention to the Caesar salad, particularly if you DO NOT LIKE ANCHOVIES. My husband noticed that there are anchovies in their Ceasar salad.

Disembarkation: A joke ... total joke. As directed, we left our stateroom by 8:30 a.m. and never left the shift until 11:15. We waited for over 2 hours in the hallway / lounge area to get off this ship because they allow the non-US residents to disembark first. There were numerous "non US residents" that would not proceed to the gangway and held up the entire disembarkation process for two hours. Not that this is Carnival's fault, however because Carnival is often so affordable, it attracts the white trash of society. We have appropriately named Carnival "Wal-Mart on the Sea." If you are looking for cheap and you do not mind white trash and only marginal cleanliness, Carnival is the way to go.

Publication Date: 12/17/12