Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by butterscotch29: Disappointed

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed

Sail Date: December 2012

Impersonal, rude staff and not enough onboard activities!

I have been on 10+ cruises, most with carnival and Royal Caribbean, other with a few " no name lines". Normally we cruise with a group and the debate has always been which is better, carnival or royal Caribbean. Well if you have ever cruised with either line it is very obvious that they appeal to different crowds so it can be like comparing apples to oranges, really its just a matter of preference. That being said there are certain things that are expected from any cruise and many of those simple things were lacking from my recent cruise with royal Caribbean on the Liberty of the Seas.

First of all this is the FIRST and ONLY cruise that I have been on that I had no idea who was cleaning my stateroom. Normally that is one of the highlights, getting to know your stateroom attendant and dining room staff by name and vice verse. They normally greet you by name on a daily basis. Not on the liberty of the seas. Though More my room was clean, never once did I know who was doing it.

Another FIRST, rude dining room waiter. Normally the staff on board is over the top with niceness, not only was this not the case with most staff in general, but our waiter actually got smart with someone in our party on the last day. Excuse us for asking about out appetizers after most ppl in our party already had their entrees. This coupled with a serious lack of organized onboard activities, left me disappointed with this ship.

Overall I enjoyed my vacation because I had an excellent time in Belize but after we try the OASIS next year, its Carnival all the way! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 8515

Spacious Nice size shower with actual door and not a curtain.