Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by jspqld

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great family time on Liberty
Liberty cruise out of Miami on 10th Nov 2012. My wife & I booked this cruise along with my parents as a way of celebrating their 40th Anniversary. We are all from Australia & included this cruise as part of a 2 week holiday.

We arrived into Miami on a red eye from Las Vegas the morning of the cruise. We took advantage of the new check in desk at Miami airport which was very quick with great friendly service. We then got to the port quite early & went off and enjoyed breakfast at the Seamans cafe. We then entered the port building through a special line for airport check in guests. We were some of the first people in the Terminal & also some of the first aboard, around 11.45am just after some of the vip's were let on.

This was our third cruise with Carnival & my parents first. We loved it as much as always & my parents will definately sail with them again too!

In my opinion Carnival offers a great overall package. Nice ships, friendly staff, fantastic entertainment & excellent value for money.

We had an inside cabin near the secret front deck on Deck 9, lido. We had anytime dining & we never had any trouble getting a table for 4 & we usually got the same excellent table in the middle of the dining room with very friendly & attentive staff. The food in the Dining room was fine, the buffet was great too & I especially enjoyed the new additions of Guys's burgers & the mexican grill. Im also a fan of the late night pizza's.

Port 1 was Nassau Bahama's, we have been here before & we just walked around the main town area. We had lunch at the famous Greek restaurant & we were also lucky to witness a Street parade while we were there.

Port 2 was St. Thomas. We just walked around the main Town area & took advantage of a lot of the cheap shopping on offer.

Port 3 was San Juan Puerto Rico. We took a small private bus tour around the old town & new town. We then walked around St. Cristobel fort before walking back to the ship.

Port 4 was Grand Turk. This was a fantastic day had by all. Excellent day of swimming in the nice warm calm waters & enjoying the facilties of Margaritaville. We also ventured down the beach to Jack's Shack for the best Jerk Chicken we have ever tasted.

My wife & I became Gold members of the new VIFP club before boarding this cruise so we got to enjoy the past guests party as well.

I have cruised on other lines & I will continue to do so but Carnival will always feature in some of my future cruises & I would not hesitate to sail on the Liberty again.

Publication Date: 12/17/12