Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by SkyMaster: GREAT CRUISE!

SkyMaster
Member Since 2004
6,010 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

GREAT CRUISE!

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Embarkation for me was a snap. I'm "Diamond", and was escorted through the embarkation process, which only took about 10 minutes, from the time I went through the doors of the terminal, until I set foot on the ship. I went directly to my cabin, which was ready, and spotless. My only complaint at all, with the cabin was that the bath room was smaller than any other Carnival ship that I've sailed. No problem, however, as I was sailing alone on this cruise.

I found the entertainment staff, and all the shows to be outstanding, and wonder how the singers/dancers can do 6 shows in five days. (Each show was presented twice during the course of the 5 day cruise.) I personally, didn't care too much for the new "Hasbro" thingy, but lots of others did. The karaoke host, Kim, was truly a HOOT, and kept the karaoke session going smoothly, and with lots of unexpected surprises during each session. As a matter of fact, I never got to the piano bar, as I was having way too much fun More at the Big Shows, and the Karaoke Sessions. The Cruise Director, Brent, was good at his job, but never to be found except at an occasional show. Most of the work was done by his assistants.
Food and service in the dining room was truly excellent too, with another dash of fun, and games presented by the Maitre'd, who was SUPERCHARGED! LOL
I never left the ship, in any of the ports, but instead enjoyed sitting on any lounger I wanted, and enjoying the empty hot tubs while everyone else was ashore.
Debarkation day came way too fast, and the debarkation process was once again, smooth, and worry free. I joined the rest of the platinum/diamond passengers for debarkation, and was off the ship, and walking down the pier by about 8:30 in the morning.
In summation, I'd highly recommend "Ecstasy" for a short cruise. Lots of fun, and the price is right! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Interior Riviera E150

Very good cabin. Very small bath room, and due to being right under the galley, I experienced just a bit of noise. Not enough to be a problem, but if you're a light sleeper, you might want to consider a cabin with other cabins both above, and below.