MSC Poesia Cruise Review by wyobean: Had a great time

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Southern Caribbean Cruises

Had a great time

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarkation We flew with carryon only , so we just followed the signs to get on the ship. The process took about 1/2 hour.

After boarding the ship(3:00 -3:30) we unpacked and started looking around and getting our bearings. Our paperwork had said 1st seating for dinner, but our card said 2nd. We found where to change it, but after waiting about 1/2 hour and not getting much closer we gave up. I went back 3 more times over the next several days. There was either a long line or they were closed. So, we ate at the buffet the whole time. In conversations with other people it sounds like they waited a long time for food in the restaurants. We did not hear anything good about eating in the dining rooms. One couple waited 2 1/2 hours to get their entree. I also heard people complain that their food was cold. These are things I heard from others, not my experience.

The buffet food was ok. There was a good variety. The salad and fruit bar was excellent. There was a lot More of pasta., but there was also fish, pork, chicken and lamb. There were lots of breads and rolls. Always pizza on one side. There were machines with coffee, hot water & tea bags, iced tea & water available 24 hours. Juice was only available at breakfast. This was a nice surprise. I got the impression from some of the reviews that I wouldn't have anything to drink unless I bought it.
My biggest complaint was the utter chaos in the cafeteria. There should be direction signs so that you go in one way and come out the other. There were people coming in from every direction. The other thing about the buffet was that the food was not hot enough.

The staff I have encountered have been so helpful and friendly. They remember you. Several called us by name. I did not encounter anyone that wasn't friendly.

We had massages on a day when they were 50 % off. I thought their regular prices were pretty high, but the discount made it affordable.

We are not regular cruisers, so don't have a lot to compare things to. We felt the ship and food was fine. We were looking for relaxation and found it.

We were also told that quite a few people were having upper respitory problems and another large group had flu like symptoms. Some were convinced that it was food poisoning, but again there was no official information on that.

The ship was kept spotless. There were many cleaners about all the time. There were hand sanitizer machines at all the restaurant entrances.

Debarkation was a breeze, about 10 min. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Interior Ungaretti Deck 8167

Our cabin was very comfortable. Good closet space comfortable bed. Room to store our suitcases.

We just walked around town we found it very expensive. Probably should have done a beach excursion.
Read 682 Aruba Reviews

I had a tour scheduled with Bonaire Vista Tours. I followed their very specific instructions on where to meet. There was a group of 6 and me at the meeting point. After waiting over an hour at their tent Barbel showed up and told us we were not at the right spot. She had been looking for us at the pier. Since we weren't there she had sold my spot on the tour. She did offer me a free tour with the afternoon group. I did go with them and the tour was excellent. Just felt they should have checked the meeting point before filling the tour with someone else. My husband went diving with Div'Ocean and really enjoyed the one on one time.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

City Tour

(5)
Great tour with JJ. Very detailed, part walking and part driving. He is very knowledgable and we enjoyed it very much.

Panama Railway

(4)
Enjoyed the tour. Very informative. Rather expensive, but most cruise tours are. We got a snack box, but thought it was supposed to be a lunch. Long tour with no food.

We did not enjoy our time at Falmouth. We do not care much for the "canned" cruise shops, so we went beyond that area and got bombarded by vendors. We walked around for about 1/2 hour, but really didn't feel comfortable and went back to the ship.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews