Eurodam Cruise Review by robby61: Wonderful Experience

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Experience

Sail Date: November 2012

My wife and I sailed the Eurodam on a post-Thanksgiving Eastern Caribbean sailing. This was our second time on the Eurodam and I've got to say that it was better than the first. Everything was absolutely awesome!

Embarkation - I give them an A - We were greeted with friendly staff and everything was painless. From the time we entered through security we were on the ship in about 15 minutes. Very fast, efficient and friendly. It was a wonderful start.

Cabin - I give them an A+ - We were in a SS suite and it was very comfortable. The bed was firm but comfortable. Good support without being hard as a brick. There was plenty of storage place and drawers. Our cabin was an adjoining cabin so one portion of the closet was not there because of the adjoining door. But Holland designed the room very intelligently because the adjoining door is near the entry of the cabin across from the bathroom rather than being in the middle of your living and sleeping area like most More others are. The bathroom was stocked with Elemis products and had a tub/shower and an additional shower. Very nice. Everything was clean and smelled fresh.

Food - I give them an A - Food is always an important part of cruising to my wife and I. We love to eat in good restaurants and the Eurodam definitely qualified. Everything we ate in the dining room was excellent. The Marcus Samuelson menu was especially good with the seared tuna. It was wonderful. We ate in the Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind twice. WOW is all I can say. I would definitely recommend both of these dining options as they are well worth the cover charge. Awesome!

Entertainment - I give them A+++ - The singers on this ship were the most incredible I had ever heard on a cruise ship. Vocals were performed flawlessly. The last time I was on the Eurodam the singers were lip syncing. This time they weren't and it was awesome. They sang on pitch and also performed the songs showing their versatility as vocal virtuosos. I've seen a lot of shows on cruise ships and I've got to say that these vocalists were the best overall combination I've ever heard. I personally thought the sound could have been mixed with a little more bottom end and the musical background tracks up a little, but all in all the shows were great. They performed 4 different production shows. When is the last time you saw that? I have never seen that on a 7 night cruise. WOW. Kudos to them.

Ship Condition - I give them an A - The ship was in great condition. The carpet looked as if it had recently been replaced. Everything was in A level condition and looked clean and smelled fresh.

This was a great cruise for my wife and I. The only bad things is someone went missing in the early morning after we left from St. Thomas. He was presumed to have went overboard. The ship spent about 14 hours searching for the individual but did not find him. This was a very unfortunate incident for everyone. For his wife who was onboard and the other passengers who had a sense of loss and uncertainty. As a result we were not able to go to Half Moon Cay. Although, I am not sure we would have been able to anyway since the seas were a little rough and it was cloudy in the area.

All in all we enjoyed the cruise and will definitely sail the Eurodam again! Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Superior Verandah Suite Upper Verandah

Love it! Great place to relax around the pool or on the beach. Great shopping with some good deals.