Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by spagirl57

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Solstice Dreaming
Embarking at Singapore fairly smooth- though having to wait while preference was given to Aqua Class and Captain was a bit much- no thought is given to others waiting long times in line in particular older folk. I think Celebrity need to look at P&O for example where the embarkation process provides lots of seating and section by section is called- much more comfortable and egalitarian process.

Cabin- a little smaller than I had expected though the bathroom was more than adequate. Not a lot of space, we had to unpack most of our bags and store them under the bed- something we did not need to do on the Pacific Jewel earlier this year.

Food options - who in their right mind would complain??? MRD fantastic we dined most nights there our head waiter Arunas and assistant waiter were fantastic as was our sommelier. We also dined at Murano, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest- a wonderful night for our 34th Wedding Anniversary complete with surprise cake and staff singing us a traditional Indonesian song- a truly memorable moment.

Staff on the whole went to great lengths to ensure your holiday experience was special. Though we were aware of other passengers behaviour towards staff which was rude and untotally uncalled for- I have worked in the community sector for a long time and found some passengers sense of entitlement somewhat overbearing and came to realise that for many a "Queue" is nothing more than a letter in the alphabet. I was shocked to witness the behaviour of many older and elderly passengers as selfish, self centred and self righteous- if young people had behaved the same way they would have been the first to complain and put them down- shame on you!

I too became ill- the humid conditions setting off a chest infection and bronchitis- the medical staff were brilliant.

I loved my cruise and would- and have- recommended Celebrity Solstice for a cruise to totally relax.

As an Australian the gratuity system is an absolute drag - adding 15% to everything- it is really nothing more than a tax and I really begrudge it, my commitment to social justice and community- pay people an award wage for goodness sake- the gratuity system simply forces people to support a less than satisfactory employment practice and system that exploits workers

Publication Date: 12/16/12