Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by umpalumpa14588: You usually get what you pay for!

umpalumpa14588
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

You usually get what you pay for!

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas

5th cruise for myself, first with NCL. Traveled with mother and sister. Stayed in Miami the day before and day after. Embarkation/disembarkation were a breeze. Def. recommend taking your own bags off. Such ease and speed. Plenty of dining venues, but we only at in MDRs and buffet. Quality just so-so. Very little variety. Same choices every morning for breakfast. Palace DR better than Crossings. Boring, average choices, little presentation with plating. Average speed in service.

A few things that I thought were better than Carnival... many less photographers, not pushy, same with drink servers. Also, upon return to the ship after port time, they greet you with music, ice water and face towels. Very nice touch. Def. recommend ROD the bartender, very customer friendly. Otherwise, drinks were weak and overpriced. First balcony cabin ever, which was great, but the decor, and ship iteself were just ok. Rough around the edges, and they had half the area in front of stage closed off More while workers replaced decking. Made for a dirty, noisy area. They did not anticipate needs, only provided towels for 2 when there were 3 in room. Toilet wouldn't flush one morning, but was fixed upon return later.

Poor slot machine selection, and all of casino is smoking. Even as a smoker, I prefer they offer non smoking area to passengers. If I think of more, I will edit. Otherwise, hope this review is short, sweet and to the point. Would I cruise NCL again? I don't know. Maybe Epic. Would I cruise NCL Sky again? No. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Norway Deck 0210

Great balcony, room very tight if couch is folded out. BR average.

Great Stirrup Cay was ok, but nothing spectacular.

Our day in Nassau was the best, but that is because we made it a great day with our plans. Highly recommend the day pass at BCH if you are looking to relax.
Read 2625 Nassau Reviews