Disney Dream Cruise Review by Stephanie15: Grandkids and girlfriends

Grandkids and girlfriends

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

We booked on a Florida resident special for a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream with a stop in Nassau and the Disney Castaway Island. Because school was still in before the Christmas Holiday most kids were 7 or younger. We had a blast and a lot of the fun was watching the kids experience. The Disney Characters were always out and about with scheduled picture opportunities. We boarded at 11:30 and went to the dining room to eat. My friends saw the crab legs and shrimp on the deck and decided to eat there but they had the same food inside and it was nice to sit down in the air conditioning and relax. Because of the review I had read I was not expecting much from the food but I thought it was as good as RC and Holland.
We did not do any tours in the Bahamas but stayed on board and enjoyed the pool, movies and the kids club. I thought the kids would not want to go to the club but they loved it and I didn't see any kids complaining about going. My grandson loved the detective More game (you get a card and look for paintings on the ship that interact with your card for clues). Tip---remember to use the elevators because there are paintings on EVERY level.

The Castaway Cay day was great. There is a tram and little walk but plenty of chairs and umbrellas and the BarBQ was excellent.

Soda, ice tea and punch are free on the ship as well as soft ice cream machine which were a big hit with everyone--thank goodness the cones are small.

Cabin were nice-plenty of storage (bunk bed a big hit). Take your own hair dryer the one in the cabin is low wattage and will take forever to dry your hair. There was a Pirate night so you can take Pirate stuff to wear to dinner.

Summary: great cruise for kids, parents and grandparents. Unless you are a super Disney fan would probably not pick this cruise. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 8 7054

Cabin was quite, good use of space (split bathroom). Hate cruise ship showers--can never get them adjusted right. Someone smoked in the balcony above and it smoked up our balcony one day. Black light bunk bed a big hit. The BEST mattresses---we all liked them.

You don't need to take anything but a hat and sunscreen. Towels, umbrellas and chairs are free. You can rent anything else you want. Our weather was perfect can image this could be really hot in the summer.

Just got off for an hour and wondered the shops. You don't miss anything by staying on the ship.
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews