Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by SailorMom37

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by SailorMom37
Carnival Fascination
Cabin Category: 6D
Cabin Number: R48
        16+ 5.0

Nice Getaway
My husband, two teen sons, and I truly enjoyed this five night cruise. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food in the main dining room and the cleanliness of the ship. Our staterooms, while small, were just fine - especially for the price we paid. The weather did not cooperate well with us, but even with the rain, we all had a wonderful time.

Specifics

Entertainment: The cruise director did a great job, as did the rest of the entertainment staff. The comedy was quite funny, but if you see the same comedian twice, much of the show will be repeated jokes. We enjoyed the 1980's revue show on the last night, but I'd say that most of the singing/dancing is pretty, well, ho-hum. There were many opportunities to interact with the staff. On our rainy day in Nassau, I give kudos to them for adding more activities for those of us who were hiding from the rain on the ship.

Teen Club: While the facility itself looks kinda bland, my sons had a great time. They were in the 15 and up group (Club O2)along with about 13 other teens. Plenty of organized activities, and also a lot of downtime to spent just "chilling" as my kids called it. The counselor was great.

Food: I felt the food in the main dining room was, for the most part, excellent (especially considering the cost of the cruise). We ate there every night. The staff was also great. The buffet was so-so. Kinda hit or miss. Some of the food was either cold or stale, and the scrambled eggs were rather disgusting.

Embarkation: Couldn't have gone smoother. I was very impressed by the efficiency of the staff.

Debarkation: Also - couldn't have gone better.

All in all, we thought the cruise was a great value and had a wonderful time.

Publication Date: 12/14/12