Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by lindseymarie: The Ship of Dreams- it was, it really was!

lindseymarie
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

The Ship of Dreams- it was, it really was!

Sail Date: November 2012

Ever been on a cruise where you cry halfway through because you NEVER want it to end? Food- Amazing. 80% of the time I get on a cruise, I dread going to the buffet. Usually because it's TERRIBLE. Here, it was amazing. Full ice-cream bar, lots of fruit ready for the pool. Crew- Also pretty grand. Not too overly friendly where you want to strangle them, but still awesome. The washy washy girl? HILARIOUS. If you go to the Garden Cafe, there'll be a friendly Asian girl standing there saying Washy Washy. Here's what you say: Her: Washy washy! You: Happy Happy! Her: Smiley Smiley! You: All the time! Her: No sleeping! Well anyway, if you want to start a conversation with the crew, do it. They're friendly and usually talk to you. Only rude if you're underage at a bar (no money) or at an expensive shop (underage). Otherwise, they treat you more like a servant. (I swear the whole ship had a pact on calling me "Princess".) Met nicer crew staff, but still had the time of my More life! The people were absolutely AMAZING. Never met better. I still talk to half of them. The activities pretty cool. Not a WHOLE lot on the itinerary. but a lot to do on your own. More reliant on your own stuff. Honestly, I've been on dazzling ships (Try the Celebrity Equinox...whooo-eee) crappy-a** ships (Norwegian Sky, need I say more?) and more of "fun" ships. Let me tell you, I've never had more of a blast than on this one. Mixed it all together perfectly. Oh and the shops were pretty great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv_Cw0aGF_Q <-- Washy Washy girl TIPS: (for sailing the Carribean 7-Dayer) Carry your bags OFF the ship! It's crowded! Make reservations for restaurants early, they fill up fast. There's indexes everywhere. Get in tender lines for tours EARLY. Nothing to do? Sleep in, grab lunch, and get off late. The Indigo (complimentary restaurant) is free, but dress nicely. The Summer Palace I got away with short-shorts. For the single ladies- there are guys. EVERYWHERE. For families, check the itinerary for the kids. For teenagers, MAKE A PLAN to meet friends. Otherwise, you will be MISERABLE. Get on the boat and chill with your family. Check out what the teen club is doing the FIRST night. No matter HOW stupid it may seem, just GO. Make friends that night and round up more people that don't go to the club. Then find yourself a group. wha-la, you have your own possy. Annyway, never had more fun. Definitely go. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 821

I had one of the value cabins. You don't spend much time in your room anyway, right? The only time my room saw me was between 1am and 8am, and that's 7 hours of sleeping.