MSC Poesia Cruise Review by wyobean: Had a great time

Had a great time

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Poesia review

We flew with carryon only , so we just followed the signs to get on the ship. The process took about 1/2 hour.

After boarding the ship(3:00 -3:30) we unpacked and started looking around and getting our bearings. Our paperwork had said 1st seating for dinner, but our card said 2nd. We found where to change it, but after waiting about 1/2 hour and not getting much closer we gave up. I went back 3 more times over the next several days. There was either a long line or they were closed. So, we ate at the buffet the whole time. In conversations with other people it sounds like they waited a long time for food in the restaurants. We did not hear anything good about eating in the dining rooms. One couple waited 2 1/2 hours to get their entree. I also heard people complain that their food was cold. These are things I heard from others, not my experience.

The buffet food was ok. There was a good variety. The salad and fruit bar was More excellent. There was a lot of pasta., but there was also fish, pork, chicken and lamb. There were lots of breads and rolls. Always pizza on one side. There were machines with coffee, hot water & tea bags, iced tea & water available 24 hours. Juice was only available at breakfast. This was a nice surprise. I got the impression from some of the reviews that I wouldn't have anything to drink unless I bought it.
My biggest complaint was the utter chaos in the cafeteria. There should be direction signs so that you go in one way and come out the other. There were people coming in from every direction. The other thing about the buffet was that the food was not hot enough.

The staff I have encountered have been so helpful and friendly. They remember you. Several called us by name. I did not encounter anyone that wasn't friendly.

We had massages on a day when they were 50 % off. I thought their regular prices were pretty high, but the discount made it affordable.

We are not regular cruisers, so don't have a lot to compare things to. We felt the ship and food was fine. We were looking for relaxation and found it.

We were also told that quite a few people were having upper respitory problems and another large group had flu like symptoms. Some were convinced that it was food poisoning, but again there was no official information on that.

The ship was kept spotless. There were many cleaners about all the time. There were hand sanitizer machines at all the restaurant entrances.

Debarkation was a breeze, about 10 min. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Interior Petrarca Deck 8167

Good storage and plenty of room for the 2 of us.