Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bermuda conch: It's over for carnival

It's over for carnival

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Barcelona

We have been loyal Carnival customers for 16 years. We are VIP. In other words it would be very hard to make us un-happy. Well cangratulations Carnival you did it. This was the worst Carnival cruise we have ever taken. To begin at the beginning.

The embarkation in Barcelona was awfull. Being VIP was supposed to get you on reasably early. NOT. We were one of the last to get on the ship. Oh well it had to get better. NOT. We immediately found a $35.00 charg on our account for the rental of a walker. Went to guest services to complain and was never more rudely treated. I was made to feel like I was being dishonest and was trying to get out of something, even though it was obvious that neither my wife or I needed a walker. After 3 days we finally got a credit.

The entertainment on Canival was supposed to be top notch. It's always been on our other 15 cruises. NOT. The Vegas style shows are gone. The guitar players on the ship were awful. There is no band More or orchestra. All the music is canned.

Let's talk about the food. Throughout the whole cruise the food was boring and totally un-imaginative. The powdered scrambled eggs at breakfast at the buffet was un-edible. Dinners the first few nights were o.k., but then they started repeating the same items over and over again. How many nights could they offer frogs legs you ask. Well don't. They obviously wiped out the frog population of Europe.

I could go on and on I suppose, and believe me we could overlook alot, but the worst part of all was the rudeness of the staff. Eastern Europeans should never be in customer service. They are the coldest and most un-emotional people we have ever had the misfortune to come in contact with. Never a smile, and no hint that they are enjoying what they are doing. We have noticed over the past few years that Carnival's customer service has been going downhill. Well it's reached the bottom. Take a hint from us and avoid Carnial completely. We will. They've lost us permanently. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 10288

cabin 10288. Good inside cabin. Convenient to everything. Good value for the money.