Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by GStarLuv

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: GStarLuv
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IB
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Fantastic First Cruise...can't wait to book again
This was our first cruise and we were more than excited to go. We were invited by Casino of the Seas and they did everything to make it amazing.

We only live about 3 hours from the NYC port so my sister drove us up the night before. It was a bit crazy getting to the port, but nothing to terrible. Once we got there we were informed the escalators were out because there was still no power at the port from Sandy. They guys downstairs said we could leave our bags with them and they would go on the ship or carry them up the stairs. We of course opted to leave them with the guys and away we went. Lines seemed really long to check in but I think in 10 minutes we were through and boarding the ship. It was too early to get into our stateroom so we decided to start touring the ship and see what we could find.

Monday we were meeting in Star Bar for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle. We also did a slot pull afterwards. Met some nice folks and we were invited to the officers dinner on Thursday night so got to spend a little more time with the nice folks we met.

The food overall was pretty decent. My only complaint was about burgers..I felt like that was always down your throat. Always plenty of fruit :) We ate at Chin Chin for the Mongolian Hot Pot that was nice....several nights we enjoyed sushi at the sushi bar. It was always fantastic.

The pools were always open except at night. They were so nice and warm and enjoyable. Hot tubs were excellent as well and always full, people would always let others in and everything.

We also enjoyed different entertainment. Played Deal or No Deal all times it was a blast each time. Nicki was fantastic at what she does. CD Dan the Man awesome....ACD Joel awesome! Brenda Kaye, the hypnotist...she was so entertaining and her show was so much fun.

I think almost every night we ended up in the Spinnaker Lounge. It was the happening place in the evening. The best for me at least was the "party" band NEXT STAGE. I saw them where ever they were all week long. Lanie blew me away with all the songs she could sing and how amazing her voice really is. The rest of the band as well does a phenomenal job. Feel I found a new friend there.

Every day we also hit up the casino. The staff in there was always so pleasant and remembering faces too. We won here and there and my DH won 2 bottles of champagne and a bottle of wine also.

There were so many awesome things that they totally beat out the last sea day and its rough seas. I almost forgot all about it. The ship was gorgeous by the way. Everywhere was nice and they were always making sure everything was clean.

We have already started planning our next cruise and I don't think I would pick any other cruise line no matter what.

Publication Date: 12/12/12