1st Regent Cruise: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by busdriver475
Overall Member Rating
1st Regent Cruise
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
1. Master Suite 1000 on Navigator -- high cost but poor value due to
2. Beautiful suite but not enjoyable when underway due to wave motion of
ship. Impossible to walk comfortably in cabin.
3. Balcony not useable at all when underway due to unobstructed high
winds. Furniture on balcony was strapped down. Used all balcony
furniture only one day, while at port.
4. Suggestion: construct wind barrier door, similar to dividers between
suites that can be opened when at port.
5. Butler,exceeded expectations. Room stewardess,was also exceptional.
6. Unable to schedule in-suite cocktail party due to wave motion of ship
(sometimes extreme motion). I realize that you can't control the seas
but this motion was constant when ship was underway, even in calm seas.
1. Our first meal in More Prime 7 was very good the 2nd visit to Prime 7 was
fair I ordered a porterhouse that was tough and had to be sent back and
replaced with a fillet that was good. Others in our party had well to
very good entrees.
2. Sette Mari was very good on our first visit but the meat entrees
selected on the second visit were very tough and lacked flavor.
3. Breakfasts were always excellent at La Veranda.
4. Meals at the Pool Grill were consistently very good as were the bar
drinks. Suggest they offer pizza.
5. Meals at Compass Rose were consistently good to very good.
6. From all reviews we received, the food was reported to be excellent.
However, we found only a few items to be outstanding as compared to
other cruise lines. Superb food was one of the reasons we selected
7. The matre de, Stephano Frattori, was truly excellent no matter where
or when we encountered him. We noted that he extended the same
superior service to all of his guests. He is a true asset to the
8. The Pool Grill bar staff was also truly excellent. They took the time
to learn exactly how their guests preferred their drinks.
9. In general, all restaurant staff were excellent.
C. Shore Excursions
1. On the whole, the shore excursions were very enjoyable.
2. There is a discrepancy between some of the requirements/limitations
on-line versus what is allowed when on the cruise.
3. We were greatly disappointed at an early departure at Turks and Cacos.
Our day was cut in half. Many other passengers also felt the same.
It appeared that the Navigator lost its dockage to the larger
Carnival and Princess Cruise lines. We understand tender limitations
but Regent should have known where these other cruise ships were
located and where they planned to dock. Other arrangements should
have been made for Regent passengers. This was not our problem!!
Instead, it was a half day of vacation lost. Less
Cabin review: 1000
cabin 1000 Master Suite-Large spacious cabin with a fantastic full wrap around balcony. Balcony was not usable underway because the winds were to strong to sit and enjoy the sailing. Forward cabin motion was very noticeable when underway.
Port and Shore Excursions
Sea Lion Encounter
St. John Tour
Read Cruise Critic’s Seven Seas Navigator Review >>
Very good experience with 2 gl...
It's all about expectations
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...
50th ANNIVERSARY DREAM TRIP A ...
Missed ports of call and oppor...