Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Emilip: Below Average

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Below Average

Sail Date: December 2012

I have NO idea why this cruise got such high ratings. I was very dissatisfied. It was exactly like a different Carnival Cruise I took at the beginning of the year. That cruise was the first I had gone on so I was very happy but this one was not good. Day 1, we bought transportation from the airport to the Port of Miami...mistake number one. It took at least two hours of sitting around till we were finally on our way to the port. Then when we did get there, the bus driver took us to the wrong boat so we had to all get back on the bus and wait some more while he put all of the luggage back on the bus. When we finally got on the boat we were starving and the buffet was closed and dinner was not for another 3-4 hours or so. When we get to the dining room, service was ok, which is expected the first day, they need to get all the glitches out. Day 2, in the dining room for dinner, service was horrible, the head waiters helper was gone so it was incredibly slow, and because of that our food More was cold and our waters were not refilled once. I'm sorry that you did not have all the help you were supposed to but that is not our fault. We payed for a nice honeymoon and we should get it. I do have to say though, that after we had complained to guest services, the rest of our dining experience was very good, besides the food being the same as what we had on the other boat and not as good. The steak house was delicious, very professional. Our TV in our room was old and broken. The remote did not turn the TV on or off and when we would try to select something on the menu it would jump around so we couldn't get what we were trying to get to. VERY annoying.

The entertainment besides 3 of the 4 comics, the break dancers, the magician, and the juggler (who was AMAZING), stunk. There were nights when my husband and I had nothing to do, I'm sorry I don't feel like dancing at 11 o'clock at night, I would rather be entertained.

Everything off shore was nice, no complaints. I don't normally write reviews to complain, I am a very patient person and normally very happy with the service I get even if it is not perfect, but I was not happy with this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8449

broken tv

Dolphin Swim

(3)
All you did was sit and watch other people do stuff with the dolphins.

Dunn's River Falls

(5.5)
AMAZING everyone should do it.