“Bad reviews.....”
Cruise review of Carnival Magic

JMcgo1979 Carnival Magic 5 Bad reviews.....
JMcgo1979
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Ok, so this is the deal. I booked a cruise for Dec 2, 2012 on the Carnival Magic based on the number of things to do and the least amount of pay restaurants for dinner/lunch. After I booked the cruise, I read all good and bad reviews about the ship but mostly the bad reviews stuck in my mind. After reading all the bad reviews, I was so discouraged, I went to my travel agent trying to switch the cruise over to Royal Caribbean, as I've cruised 5 times with them. He told me that I'm basing my ideas of a ship on bad reviews from someone else and not keeping an open mind to make my own assumption on the ship. I agreed partly since I figured it could be a costly assumption. From then on, I stopped reading all reviews. Fast forward to the cruise...IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I'm sorry but the majority of people who post negative reviews are going into with a closed mind or have gone on other cruise lines and are going to see how the ship compares to others. I walked into everything with an open mind only to come out ready to do another cruise. Yes, there were some lines to wait for things, but there are lines are fast and if you don't like lines, don't go on vacation. Walt Disney World, Sandals, Universal Studios, and other vacation stops all have lines. The lines on the ship went fast. Yes being in a ship is confined and you can be sick but this means you need to take special precautions to avoid being sick. I wiped down the entire room each day with disinfecting wipes and constantly washed my hands even if I didn't touch anything. The food was great and very tasty. I the variety of food available and loved the everyday menu and the menu that changed each day. I went up to the Cucino Del Capitano for lunch many times and was simply amazing. I ate many times on the lido deck and also loved the variety. Overall, the food was just amazing. The entertainment was also great and had a large variety of things to do aboard the ship. Service from the crew was also spectacular. Each crew member was always willing to offer help and help with a smile. I won't go into extreme detail of the ship to save your time, but I'll offer some advice. You can read negative and positive reviews but the only thing that matters is how you perceive the experience on-board. I was extremely blown away on everything Carnival Magic had to offer and couldn't wait to write this review to let everyone know. First time cruises and experienced cruises will all enjoy the ship and everything she has to offer.
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8C8253
Great location to the elevator and had a great view. If you like looking at the other ships docked, chose something on the left hand side of the ship.

Turtle Farm
It was a wonderful experience to hold a baby sea turle and see them up close. The only thing that was somewhat bad is when you swim with the sea turtles, they're hard to find and aren't as friendly as the baby turtles that you just held.
It was a great experience in Montego Bay. I came to the island understanding the country is a 3rd world country but had an open mind to seeing a new culture. People are friendly but are pushy when it comes to buying their items.
Published 12/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?