Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by pelicanz7

Member Name: pelicanz7
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: D5

Rocky at best....
Entering and departure are a breeze. They have the process down to a science and are always on the boat in less than a 1/2 hour! Things changed unfortunately.

The good... The ship is clean with great options. The stateroom was never an issue. Blessed with an ever smiling attendant. The Deck Supervisor was attentive to a minor service issue. They unexpectedly decorated my room for my birthday, which gave me a nicely needed smile. My hats off to that hard working staff.

Specialty restaurants: Just an insight as we have done this previously.... 150 /Central Park is expensive but a decadent experience. The up-selling of a cookbook DURING the meal was problematic during a 7 course meal. Giovanni's Table is delightful. Impeccable service, smiles, ambiance and more food than an Italy family could every want. Vintages is quaint / intimate if you enjoy trying new wines and embracing some quiet time. Wonderful staff.

Dining Room / My-Time: Absolute disaster from previous experiences and ruined our cruise! (We previously enjoyed the staff and food). The staff was rushed, inattentive, and the food quality has diminished. A huge disappointment. A food allergy made me reluctant to eat there after a few times. I will simply put it as that. I reported the concern and was strongly met with opposition. The managerial staff was extremely negative.

There was definitely more "up-selling" this cruise everywhere you went. Most of it just happens. I understand staff have no choice but they need better training and to be less intrusive.

The ports... Nausau (stayed on the boat), St. Thomas (Magen's Bay is beautiful).. The downtown area is full of jewelry folks who stalk you, St.Maarten's is pretty also.

I'm skipping Royal Caribbean next time due to the lack of customer service...

Publication Date: 12/12/12