Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Trekker954: Maiden Voyage in Conceirge Class Veranda 1st time Celebrity
Overall Member Rating
Maiden Voyage in Conceirge Class Veranda 1st time Celebrity
1)Embarkation and Disembarkation is a breeze. We were dropped off as we live in South Florida.
2)The Concierge Class veranda room amenities was awesome (Champagne was tasty)
3)I thought the food was better than equivalent ships, but my daughter didn't like the food at all.
4)Shows were excellent, aerialists were a big surprise
5)Comedy shows were good (one comic was excellent, the other not so much). Love seperate comedy clubs
6)Most of the staff were helpful
7) Definitely no annoying announcements (although it appeared they could not find a woman after being in Coco cay for the day). How did that happen. They announced her name as Phelps. My daughter said she's probably swimming home. :)
8) love the 90 minute free internet for Elites.
9) Loved the flat screen interactive TV and the free On Demand movies. Reception excellent
10) beach towels in room and pool towels on chair and/or towel stand. No requirement to check More out a towel. Very nice feature.
1)Given sea pass cards with a 50% sticker on it which we didn't notice right away. When we went to guest services to ask what that was, the representative asked a couple of questions then got hostile with us and ripped it off in a nasty way and said that it was mistake. Honestly all we did was ask nicely.
2)Spotty service whether or not you received your Celebrity Today Activity sheet. One day we received it in the morning, understandable as we had an itinerary change. But the next night did not receive one at all, although some cabins had them, then for disembarkation day we received one talking about how Miami is famous for Hurricane Andrew, Everglades and (prepare yourself) Elian Gonzalez. (really????) Being from south Florida, I clearly hope they can find our beautiful city holds more class than that.
3)Activities staff was changing up the trivia topics at his whim
4) Not enough free cafe (snack/coffee) places on board. Always had to go up to deck 14 for any free food.
5) Elite event held in dark lounge. hor d'ourves (goose liver), but waiters were so busy walking around with those trays, no staff to serve drinks. One had to go up to bar to get drinks.
6) Announced some issues with berth reservation in Nassau. How the heck does that happen and they waited until we were one hour from Miami to announce the issue. Had they told us ahead, private excursions could have been canceled.
7) Although the comedy club was larger than say the Oasis class, there were no reservations and the 10 o'clock show was standing room only. (seat savers were not monitored) and it sometimes got ugly between guests. Possibly on longer cruises, they will have the comic back every night. They should consider reservations though. They also played the most annoying 2 minute music clip as people were entering the theater which played over and over until people were going out of their minds and were trying to intervene to turn it off (it was really that annoying). I think it would have helped immensely if an activity staff was in the theater from say 9:30 pm. No one showed up until right at 10 pm to introduce the comic.
8) Felt whatever food is served in MDR should be also served in buffet but this wasn't the case.
9) Credits and debits on account too far too long to post and did not receive a paper bill on the last day. Regardless of what you think your bill is, it is always best to make sure you have a zero balance before leaving the ship. I checked the interactive TV again but I like that most ships give you a paper copy.
10) If you wish to pay cash for gratuities you must go to guest services before noon on the second day and opt out of being charged automatically and sign your name in a book. Had you not known or read this, you are charged automatically and wouldn't know since they don't give you a paper bill. Along those lines, when we went to drop off tip for MDR waiter, the last day he was reassigned to another resturant. (dumb) Less
Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>
Cabin review: CC9287
Fabulous family trip on the Pr...
Brunch at Palo is an absolutel...
Short Cruise on a Small ship, ...
It's a fun, quick cruise!
Beautiful ship, great service,...
Great Cruise on Celebrity Refl...
Disappointing dining on otherw...
Wonderful Cruise, Shame About ...