Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Standardnut: No more Miracle, bye bye Carnival?

Standardnut
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

No more Miracle, bye bye Carnival?

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We were on the Miracle two years ago and loved the ship with the exception for the smoking in Frankie & Johnny. The food was great as in all our previous Carnival cruises. The entertainment was great. This time things has dropped quit a few notches. My review is based on my obeservation and may offend some people so be it.

The smoking policy for the Frankie & Johnny is horrible. It is not a big space with poor ventilation and yet you can smoke cigaretts and cigars in the entire place. This is where the house band Music Unlimited played. I feel so sorry for them and all the workers in there forced to inhale second hand smoke all the time. You have people run in there to pop a smoke and leave the place with their poison smoke behind. The place stinks to high heaven. The open deck is just one flight up on Deck 3. Why does the Miracle made this decison and drive all the non smokers from this lounge is beyond me. This is the only place where you can do some dancing More through out the cruise (except for one hour on the last day in the Mad Hatter Lounge when the big band played). We were forced to sit outside of Frankie & Johnny and the smell of smoke still stinks my eyes to tears.

The food has gone down hill big time. The flavor and meat quality is nolonger acceptable. The dining room menu has changed and the food quality has declined compared to two years ago. They nolonger have Rack of Lamb but on the menu posted in front of the dining room still show this item. The dining room menu on the TV also post incorrect items. It just shows an over decline and management is not paying attention to details.

The buffet's quality also has gone down big time. The quality is very school caferteria like. Chop Stick (Asian section) is bad compare to two years ago. They really need someone who knows how to cook Chinese to do the wok cooking.
The bake good section is still excellent and I do believed Carnival has the best bake goods at sea. The ship was on Noro Virus alert on the last two days and this leads to my biggest pee off.

There is a certain nationality from south Asia who holds their children at such a high regard that it does not matter what they do, they can and the parent will not stop them. It included screaming at the top of their lungs, runing around the buffet sofa with their shoes on while screaming. Jumping on top of the dining tables with their shoes on. Climbing on display cases, running into people. The parents does nothing. It is not just on this cruise but the same thing happened on another cruiseline a few week ago. This was my second cruise in four weeks and I notice the same thing.

They would bring their kids to the main show and the comedy show where they can scream, kick the back of your chair through out the show and the parents would sit there like a lump and let them disturb everybody. Unbelievable. No wonder the Rutger incident happened. These brats were brought up thinking they can do what ever want thanks to their loving parents.

The comedy shows were good but the main shows were a sorry sight. Horrible cheap looking sets, bad customs. This was the worst dancers that I've seen in all my 30+ cruises.

The day time activity was extremely poor with very few choices. The low flow fauset in the bathroom will drive you nuts. I don't know how much money Carnival is saving but now it takes 10 times longer to wash your face.

I forgot, pajamas are not for the buffet area or the main show theather people. These are adults and teens that think this is acceptable attire to be worn it public. No one wants to see your giggly behind underneath your PJ.

This will be my last cruise on the Miracle or maybe Carnival should their smoking policy not changed. Such a shame since I was a big fan. We are gold members but at the rate, I don't think we'll make Platimum. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Interior Verandah 7138

We've experienced a low frequency hum in 7138 for two days. It's like a vaccume cleaner over you head at all times. Called the first day and someone came and check it out but nothing was done. Call down the Customer Servie on day two and they have no record of my first call. I start to take down names and a slew of people show up but they can not fix the problem. The lady said the noise is not so bad and she offers me ear plugs. Are you kidding me. I calmly refused and ask her to esculate the matter to the hotel manager. By some miracle they've can move us to a different cabin where before they swear up and down that no cabin is available. Good customer service is to take care of problems with minimum fuss and this they did not do.