Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by sara'scruisin': Wonderful Celebrity Wine Region Cruise

sara'scruisin'
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Wonderful Celebrity Wine Region Cruise

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

We sailed the Thanksgiving cruise on the Connie-my sister and me. She is not really enthused with cruising, but wanted to go to Europe. This was the last cruise on this itinerary. They were heading across the Atlantic after our trip.
For one, the price on this cruise was a Bargain! First stop, Le Havre in northern France. The beaches of Normandy are, to me, a must see, along with the American cemetery and WW 2 museum. Since I had been there recently, we decided to take the train to Paris for an overnight. Easy train to St. Lazare, and a brisk tour of Paris. I have been there many times, but never tire of it. We took the night dinner river cruise on the Seine. Rodin museum, Eiffel Tower, general sightseeing and back to the ship by train. Quick 10 euro taxi ride to and from train station to pier.
Bordeaux. What can I say!? Chateaux, wine. I relied heavily on prior review (Trisha-thanks!) for guide- Bordeaux Vertigo. Fabulous.
Bilbao and the Rioja region was great. Used More the ship tour which I usually don't because of cost, but this was reasonable and efficient. Bilbao was very interesting. The Guggenheim is the main attraction. I'd say the Frank Ghery building is the big attraction here. The art exhibits were pretty good. Frankly, I could have spent both days wandering the cobble stoned streets and feasting on penches (sp?) the local tapas. They are to die for, and the local wine is fabulous. Nothing like traditional Spanish tapas, they are Basque works of art.
Vigo: very nice city to walk and shop.
La port, we took a ship tour to a UNESCO world heritage city, sorry cant remember the name.
Overall, loved the cruise and he ship. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation 9071

9071. Concierge class cabin. Wonderful steward, Peter. A little cool to use the balcony. Overall, great cabin.