Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by lizm901

Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6D
Cabin Number: U50
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

My Honest Review for the Carnival Ecstacy
Flew out of Grand Rapids MI into Orlando Sanford airport. Made it to Cocoa beach the night before the cruise. Stayed at La Quinta Inn.... It was OK, a clean room to sleep. The hotel seemed a little (ghetto) if I may use that word. We stayed in room 123, that was in the back of the hotel and it looked as if the people next to us lived at the hotel??? Feeding cats and a lot of debris out side the room. Any way, we ate at the bar right upstairs in the hotel, it was a good burger and coke and then back to the room. (I will skip the long story of going for a walk and my wonderful boyfriend proposing to me, I said yes).

OK, next morning, we woke up and had a good breakfast provided by the hotel. We were scheduled for the 10:30 shuttle to the port ($4.00 pp). They were on time and got us safely to the port. Check in was simple and we were on the boat with a yummy drink in hand by 11:30. Room was ready by 1 and our room steward Jessy was wonderful thru the entire week. Dinners were good, ate every night in the dining room.

Tuesday, sea day... wonderful and relaxing. Food around every corner, also formal night... yummy prime rib and lobster. I read mixed reviews on the shows. I personally loved every one of them!

Wednesday, Half Moon Cay...No words for that... every cruise should stop there. BEAUTIFUL. Another yummy lunch and dinner that day. One of our favorites was the sushi bar every night at 5... It was a fun before dinner treat, right next to the casino so a little fun each night before dinner.

Thursday, Nassau... If you have been there you have seen it. Not much, it rained all day. Great day to relax in the cabin and take a nap. We went back out to the island after it stopped raining for a little shopping. Once you get used to the pushy women selling you stuff it becomes fun.

Friday, Freeport. Sunny and beautiful all day. Took a 10$ taxi ride to Port Lucya and did some shopping and had drink in a coconut! Spent about 2 hours there.(they give you a ticket for a ride back, Pattys tax was the name) Came back and sat very comfortably on the top of the boat and got a sun tan and watched the ships come in and go out. Wonderful and relaxing!

Saturday morning. The port was closed due to fog so we got in a little late. Off the boat by 10 and to the airport by 11. OK, so to reply to other reviews on this boat. If you have a good attitiude you will have fun. If you are picky about everything you will hate it. As for me, I loved it and will be booking another cruise on this ship next year. Attitude is everything.. Now onto the smell... the boat is older... You will sometimes smell sewage, will it bother you??? probobly not!! The staff is extreamly nice and hard working. We didnt book any excursions this time, I think that is the way to go! We were able to do what we wanted at the ports and just relax! We had an on board credit from when our booking went down in price, I pre paid the gratuities so really had nothing to worry about the last night when everyone seemed to be in line to pay there tab. There is a kiosk that you can check thruout the week on your sail and sign card.I spent to much time reading negative reviews and setting myself up for a bad cruise. Oh, another thing, te last night we saw the 2 comics (adult shows at 10 and 11) definetly worth seeing! FUNNY! Please dont read all the bad reviews, have a good attitude, you will have sun and relaxation...

Publication Date: 12/11/12