Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Patthecruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Patthecruiser
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: Patthecruiser
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

Another Transatlantic Crossing
As a very seasoned cruiser, I know what to expect and typically am not disappointed. I have been on many RCCL cruises and have loved them all, and this one was no exception. The staff was perfect, ship beautiful and maintained in great shape, however, the food in the dining room at dinner was somewhat below satisfactory. I had read reviews prior to going on the ship of people complaining about the food but did not pay much attention to them. We were a party of 10 close friends and everyone felt the same way. The steak was like eating leather with no taste, dinner salads lettuce was wilted, the meat was generally tasteless and tough with the exception of the veal. The soups were outstanding, but overall the rest was poor and bland. This is not true with the Windjammer where the food was outstanding. With that being said, food does not ruin the trip.

We sailed for 16 days and had nothing but outstanding positive experience from the staff. Of all the cruises, I have never seen a Captain so engaging and social walking around the ship morning, noon and night talking with all the guests. The entertainment was some of the best I have ever seen. I expected to have to endure the Royal Caribbean dancers for 16 nights and this was not the case. They flew in all types of acts that were top Las Vegas quality, some getting standing ovations.

We had the Grand Suite which was a first for us and I don't know how I will ever go back to a regular room. More space than we could use, dual sinks and overall just beautiful.

The service was just outstanding and as a Diamond member the 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm free cocktails are also a great plus. The itinerary was fantastic as we stopped in some very out of the way ports that you normally would not visit.

In closing, I still highly recommend RCCL but they do need to pay a little more attention to the evening dining experience.

Publication Date: 12/11/12