Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Lafaz

Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Construction Island
This was my first time cruising, but not my first time traveling. The ship was clean and the crew was super nice, awesome service and the food was amazing. The only complaint that I have about any sort of service on this ship was that the last night while we were sleeping, one of the room attendants came into our room to lock the minibar. We didn't even hear anybody come in, so it must have been like at 4 am when we were passed out for good; but, sure enough, that sucker was locked when we were up (I guess they have had problems with guests raiding the mini-fridge right before leaving?). Either way, I do not appreciate room service sneaking into my room while I am sleeping...pretty weird.

This was my first time to the Bahamas and there were a lot of things that were very disappointing but, since that has nothing to do with the cruise itself, I will leave out my thoughts on Nassau and Freeport and skip straight to Norwegian Cruise Line's "Private Island" or, as we were calling it, "Construction Island". As soon as you step foot on to this island, it is obvious that they are trying to turn it into a Disney type of resort or something with timeshares and all of that gawdy junk. There was construction equipment galore and, yes, they were working while everybody was on the beach doing their thing. They had a whole stage set up there playing music really loud (probably to cover the sound of all of the construction equipment). I'm no scientist, but I knew right away that we were walking around on manmade sand because it felt just like the sand that you can buy at Home Depot to build a kid's sandbox (if not, maybe worse). It was nothing like the beautiful smooth coral sand that was at Freeport. It would have been nice if they had mentioned this construction before we booked this cruise.

Publication Date: 12/11/12