Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ginger 44

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ginger 44
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: ginger 44
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Dreadful experience
We are diamond cruisers with Royal Caribbean and until now have enjoyed our cruising experience with them.

After our recent transatlantic crossing we will never cruise with them again.

The ship was scruffy, the cafe promenade was shut, but none of these things initially put us off.

However 4 days into the cruise my husband came down with the norovirus.

That was bad enough but the way they handled this was a disgrace in my opinion.

Our bathroom and probably our bedroom was highly contaminated due to this illness. However despite the fact that I reported this to management on four occasions, our bathroom was not cleaned until 5 and a half hours after it was first reported to them and only after I personally visited guest services and told them that they were going to be the cause of my getting the noro virus.

Even then they just cleaned the bathroom, not the bedroom.

As predicted I did get the virus.

I did not recover as quickly as my husband because I have a hiatus hernia, and had to revisit the doctor.

On this occasion they charged me $124 despite it being their fault that I became unwell.

It appears that because I happened to have a hiatus hernia it was my fault that I did not get better quickly enough.

We didn't have any such problems on previous sailings but I guess that you only know how you will be treated when something like this happens and Royal Caribbean, in my opinion have been found severely lacking.

We had no idea that the virus was on the ship until my husband got it and then we were told (not by management}that several people had the virus. To this day we do not know how many, That information was kept well under wraps.

After my husband had got the virus, the captain announced once that a 'few' people on the ship had the virus.

Both my husband and myself are very meticulous about washing hands and using sanitisers. It did not prevent my husband from getting it, and of course I know how I got it.

There was also a chest infection going around the ship and I guess because my immune system was low due to the virus, I also got this infection. This time I had my own antibiotics.

I feel that what I have experienced is down to the money grabbing policy of this cruise line and I will not be making the mistake of risking another cruise with them.

In addition to all this, the entertainment was below par except for the ice show.

I thought the food was of a very poor quality both in the windjammer and the dining room.

I had put this down to my illness and lack of appetite

However several guests that I spoke to said they did not think the food was of a good standard either.

I wrote 2 letters t management whilst on board ship complaining about the fact that our cabin was not cleaned promptly and also that I was charged for my second visit to the doctor.

Both were ignored.

When I got home I wrote to Royal Caribbean about the matter.

That also has been ignored.

I have now decided to make a formal claim against them and I would be interested to know if anyone else suffered the noro virus whilst on board and who may like to also seek recompense for the ordeal.

As far as I was concerned the whole experience was an ordeal not to be repeated.

Publication Date: 12/10/12