Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by windham depot

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by windham depot
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: windham depot
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

An Excellent Adventure of the Seas
We flew in the day of our cruise to San Juan, we did have a non stop flight or else we wouldn't have chosen to fly in the day of. Upon arriving at the pier everything embarkation went very smoothly for us. Which was surprising considering the horror stories I had heard. We arrived at about 2:30pm and were directed to the embarkation line and were on the ship in less than an hour.

We proceeded to our stateroom and met our Room Steward Gerald. The first thing we noticed was an odor in our room that smelled like someone had been smoking in our room. We talked to Gerald about the odor and upon our return to the room the odor was gone. The ice we requested was in our room daily as was the extra pillows. I had brought a small fan to use at night and an extension cord just magically appeared without asking. Gerald was an awesome steward.

We went to the pool bar to meet some of our cruise critic friends, found them no problem, what an exceptional friendly group of people. We had an awesome week with amazing people. I'm so glad I found Cruise Critic and became a member.

Muster Drill was done at 5:30pm with no issues or problems. We proceeded to get dressed for our first meal in the Main Dining Room. We sat at dinner with Ginnie one of our Cruise Critic friends at a table for 4. Ronald was our waiter and our assistant waiter was Tommy, we thought both of them did a wonderful job of taking care of us. I am on a special medically supervised diet and Ronald went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed. My every need was seen to, special meals were made for me every night.

We ate breakfast every morning in the Main Dining Room. We found the Windjammer to be a little to hectic for us and again my dietary needs were met no problem. The few times we ate lunch in the Windjammer we thought the food was good. We didn't have lunch that often.

Sailing from San Juan there was a larger group of Hispanic cruisers and one very large group traveling together. Actually due to this large group there was only one show in The Lyric Theater each night. This was not really a big deal or even an in convince for us we just went with the flow.

An amazing show on this cruise was the Ice Show. Linda one of our Cruise Critic friends was kind enough to think of us and get us tickets for this show. It was the best entertainment on this ship a definite don't miss.

We had Dinner one night in Portofinos with a small group from Cruise Critic. The meal and service were excellent. Well worth the $20.00 charge. The company was even better.

Both my husband and I visited the Spa twice each. We both had Manicures done, Rebecca did an awesome job, then I had a Facial done Louise was amazing a very relaxing treatment and my Husband got a hot shave which he really enjoyed. We could both get use to this kind of treatment very easily.

Debarkation was a bit confusing and we were never given the declaration forms a head of time. It also was not easy for us to find our luggage but, once we did and had the paper work filled out everything went smoothly. We were in a taxi and on our way to the airport no problem.

Publication Date: 12/10/12