Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by windham depot: An Excellent Adventure of the Seas

windham depot
Member Since 2010
1,980 Posts

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

An Excellent Adventure of the Seas

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We flew in the day of our cruise to San Juan, we did have a non stop flight or else we wouldn't have chosen to fly in the day of. Upon arriving at the pier everything embarkation went very smoothly for us. Which was surprising considering the horror stories I had heard. We arrived at about 2:30pm and were directed to the embarkation line and were on the ship in less than an hour.

We proceeded to our stateroom and met our Room Steward Gerald. The first thing we noticed was an odor in our room that smelled like someone had been smoking in our room. We talked to Gerald about the odor and upon our return to the room the odor was gone. The ice we requested was in our room daily as was the extra pillows. I had brought a small fan to use at night and an extension cord just magically appeared without asking. Gerald was an awesome steward.

We went to the pool bar to meet some of our cruise critic friends, found them no problem, what an exceptional friendly group of More people. We had an awesome week with amazing people. I'm so glad I found Cruise Critic and became a member.

Muster Drill was done at 5:30pm with no issues or problems. We proceeded to get dressed for our first meal in the Main Dining Room. We sat at dinner with Ginnie one of our Cruise Critic friends at a table for 4. Ronald was our waiter and our assistant waiter was Tommy, we thought both of them did a wonderful job of taking care of us. I am on a special medically supervised diet and Ronald went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed. My every need was seen to, special meals were made for me every night.

We ate breakfast every morning in the Main Dining Room. We found the Windjammer to be a little to hectic for us and again my dietary needs were met no problem. The few times we ate lunch in the Windjammer we thought the food was good. We didn't have lunch that often.

Sailing from San Juan there was a larger group of Hispanic cruisers and one very large group traveling together. Actually due to this large group there was only one show in The Lyric Theater each night. This was not really a big deal or even an in convince for us we just went with the flow.

An amazing show on this cruise was the Ice Show. Linda one of our Cruise Critic friends was kind enough to think of us and get us tickets for this show. It was the best entertainment on this ship a definite don't miss.

We had Dinner one night in Portofinos with a small group from Cruise Critic. The meal and service were excellent. Well worth the $20.00 charge. The company was even better.

Both my husband and I visited the Spa twice each. We both had Manicures done, Rebecca did an awesome job, then I had a Facial done Louise was amazing a very relaxing treatment and my Husband got a hot shave which he really enjoyed. We could both get use to this kind of treatment very easily.

Debarkation was a bit confusing and we were never given the declaration forms a head of time. It also was not easy for us to find our luggage but, once we did and had the paper work filled out everything went smoothly. We were in a taxi and on our way to the airport no problem. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 7406

The cabins was a Handicapped Accessible Cabin, it was a good size balcony cabin. There were multiple grab bars in the bathroom with a fold down chair in the shower very well set up for special needs. There was a lot of storage space available. I did find it difficult to walk beside the bed closes to the balcony, not much space there.

My husband did a snorkeling tour while I stayed on the ship. He said it was a good excursion but, I don't have any details. We did have dinner off the ship in port at Pinchos with another group of friends from Cruise Critic. The food and service were great, the view amazing, you eat on the Pier and we could see the ship all lit up from the restaurant it was an amazing site. The Sunset was breath taking. The restaurant was an easy Taxi ride away and the driver gave us his number to call him when we were finished.
Read 684 Aruba Reviews

Jewish Heritage Tour

(5.5)
This tour was arranged by Linda one of our cruise Critic friends, the tour was amazing and our guide Gigi was very informative. We saw the oldest Cemetery in the western hemisphere. An Historical Library/Museum, the Liquor Factory and the Oldest Synagogue in the Western Hemisphere. What a truly awesome site. We took the floating bridge to get back to the pier and you guessed it while we were crossing it started to float open to allow a boat to pass. We ran for the other side of the bridge thinking we would be stuck on the bridge for hours and miss the cruise ship. It opened for a small ship for just a few minutes which would explain why we were the only ones running.

Scenic Railway

(5.5)
You have to take a bus tour to get to the train. Between the bus and the train tour you get to see the entire island. Our bus driver was an awesome tour guide, very entertaining and very helpful, I do have some trouble walking and these people were amazingly helpful. The tour lasted approximately 3 1/2 hours. They did have to stop the train a few times due to electrical problems but, it was not a big deal. Once back to the pier we got MONKEYED!! Anyone who ever cruised to St Kitts would understand this term. We were approached by a gentleman with several monkeys with him and we just weren't quick enough to say NO, the monkeys were placed on us(heads,shoulders etc)and our picture was taken. The Monkeys were adorable and a couple of them had diapers on, they seemed to be well cared for and the man was polite again it was not a big deal just unexpected.

Due to the fact that my brilliant husband left his pants to his suit at home we had to grab a taxi and find Kmart. Once his pants were purchased we took a taxi and went Jewelry shopping for me. We walked back to the ship and stopped at the Butterfly Farm which was just across from the pier. It was great to see and have the Butterfly's fly around and land on us. They also had an amazing bird show at the Butterfly Farm we really enjoyed and we had our picture taken with the Birds after the show.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews