Noordam Cruise Review by DAVIDPEZAK1

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: SC
See More About: Noordam Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Noordam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Noordam Deck Plans
My Favorite So Far!
As opposed to some of the other reviews I read on this cruise there's only one or two negative comments I can say about this boat. I read how the food was terrible (these people clearly don't know food) I read the entertainment was terrible (these people clearly don't know entertainment). Its clear to me, that the British look for small minuscule things to complain about rather then take in the beauty of something great.

This cruise was perfect. I went with my parents and we had a great time. I would definitely recommend getting the deluxe veranda suite for the most pleasurable experience. The extra room definitely helps especially for a longer cruise like this one. The food was wonderful, we sat in the vista lounge all but one night for dinner. The food in the Lido deck was always well put together however it seems like every time we went (breakfast lunch or dinner) there was always lines! This, like many other cruises was great because there is more food then you can imagine!

The other aspect that was great is that I got to see allot of different places in the world without flying from country to country. There was only two days at sea but plenty of time for relaxation. It wasn't an obnoxious loud boat with screaming children it was quiet and well, perfect!

The other part of the cruise which we did NOT like was that allot of what the website says does contradict the actual polices on board. For example, it says on the website if you buy a 250$ beverage card there are no service charges or taxes to pay. Quite the opposite, the deal may look good buying a 250$ beverage card for 200$ is saving 50$ however you pay 15% tax every time you use the card! This alone is one MAJOR defect of this cruise line (not the ship) The staff were all wonderful except some of the cooks on the Lido deck who allot of times seemed quite miserable. However the manager in our section in the Vista lounge took extra special care of us the entire time!

Another disappointing part of the room was that despite the massive size of our balcony, the front desk would NOT give us lounge chairs! Why have all that space and not be allowed to have a lounger? We loved the people, we loved the ports, and we will definitely be using Holland America again! I can go on and on about many other great things about this ship but all in all, there is not much to complain about! We had an amazing time.

Publication Date: 12/10/12