Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Perdido Beach Boy: Not the best cruise but definitely the worst

Perdido Beach Boy
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Not the best cruise but definitely the worst

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

The food on this cruise is the worst that I have ever experienced on a cruise. There was not food available on the pool deck and swim suits were not allowed in the Windjammer buffet, so you would have to get dressed to go eat.

They were extremely slow about clearing tables in the buffet. There was a lot of socializing among the crew when they should have been working. Supervisors would join in on the socializing. Who was minding the store? The food in the dining rooms was not good either.

We ate at Johnny Rockets and Chopps a couple of times. The food in these venues was good, but it should have been because you pay a premium to eat there.

If you wanted a late night snack and did not want to eat in your room there was only one place to get something. They had pre-made cold sandwiches, pizza under a heat lamp sponge cake and cookies. The pizza was not even grocery store quality.

The bars where there was live music were small and so smoke filled you More could not enjoy it if you were even able to find a seat.

The ship was hot in all areas even the stateroom.

Two days into the cruise there was a Norovirus outbreak. There were over 102 reported cases. This put a damper on the cruise for fear of catching it. The staff had to be pulled from other duties to constantly disinfect the public areas. The service on the ship suffered. I spoke with several seasoned cruisers and they expressed the same complaints that I had, so I feel I was not being over critical.

Now please do not get me wrong we had a great time on the cruise but it was not to the standards that we are accustomed to. We were told that other ships in the RC line were great, that it was just the bad management of this ship.

I may give one of their other ships a try but I could not recommend the Navigator of the Seas. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 1536

Great location forward and high. Very quiet at the end of the hall very little traffic. Smooth ride, did not feel the motion of the ship. Please replace the worn out carpet.

Beach Break

(5)
Free buffet and free drinks. A very beautiful beach, clean and well kept. Very attentive staff.

Bus tour from Falmouth to Montego Bay. Very interesting. Candi was a good tour guide. Stopped for free banana bread and Blue Mountain coffee at Pier One on Montego Bay. Can also order off the menu. Very good.
Read 492 Falmouth Reviews

Lots of upgrades at this port since my last visit in 1995. Nice shops.