Crown Princess Cruise Review by ingreece

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Lovely Thanksgiving getaway
This cruise was a last minute booking for us. We were delighted that it ended in Athens, Greece where we live. The Crown Princess is an absolutely gorgeous ship and many fine touches are there to make you feel special. I don't like the fact that there is no indoor pool though. That would have been very nice because the weather in November in the Med is not pool weather. The kids program was very nice and our son enjoyed his time there. We have been to all of the ports before so our goal with this cruise was to enjoy the ship, service and family time. I'm the one who ventured out on my own for most of the ports and that was ok. Dining on the ship was lovely and Thanksgiving was absolutely terrific. We loved the outstanding service in the dining room. The food was very good though I wouldn't recommend fish other than salmon. The desserts were always wonderful as was the bread.

The cruise director Sam tried hard but really needs to get some new material. She told a set of jokes I've heard at least four other times about the "dumb questions cruisers ask."

Our cabin was very nice but the only problem was that the cabin steward had such a huge load that our cabin often was not done up until late in the afternoon and late in the evening. This did not work well for us. But, I give him credit for getting our mattress changed out for us. It was in horrible shape and I can't believe wasn't changed before.

I know Princess is supposed to have the best onboard shopping but I didn't think so. Their sales weren't very good and I really didn't find much that I wanted or needed. I'm really into onboard shopping so this was unusual. Carnival Breeze had much better shopping in my opinion.

I like the Piazza idea but not the fact that seating is limited to those who buy beverages. It is therefore not easy to enjoy the entertainment there unless you are willing to pay for drinks. Well, you can stand.

Also, we had our teeth whitened and just to warn you... it is a bit of a gimmick. Yes, our teeth were a bit lighter but the technician tried to sell us $400 worth of capsules so that the results would stick. We were disappointed and would not recommend it.

Publication Date: 12/10/12