MSC Splendida Cruise Review by goldfinger66: Excellent & Not so Good!

goldfinger66
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on MSC Splendida Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Excellent & Not so Good!

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Genoa

I flew from Heathrow to Nice arriving at 10.00am, it took the courier over 3 hrs to get a coach sorted out, this meant that we did not get on the ship until 4.00pm.

The Splendida is spectacular with all the glitz of 'Vegas' My cabin was on deck 10 in the aft section, it was massive with a huge double bed & included robes in your wardrobe.The balcony was 5mx4m

The food and service in the restaurants were 1st class,wine which was not of the highest quality was £24 + 15% service charge, a tad expensive. There was a charge made for bottled water. I was disappointed that there was no coffee offered at the end of your meal.It meant a trek up to the buffet restaurant on deck 14.

If you like a Full Welsh breakfast, you will be disappointed, the bacon was streaky, fatty and lacked any flavour.

The shows and entertainment was very good, but I was surprised they made a charge of 10euros for Salsa, Cha-Cha,& other dance classes during the day.

A HUGE More NO NO for me was that smoking was allowed in the lounges, especially near the dance floor and your clothes smelt of stale smoke at the end of the night.

The Captains Cocktail party was a bit of a let down, as they ran out of cocktails. Make sure your on the 2nd sitting.

All in all very good cruise, made some very good friends, had loads of laughs.
Next time I would book my own flights, Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Splendida Oceanview with Balcony De Chirico Deck

Cabin No 10238, By far the best cabin Iv'e had on a cruise ship. It was spacious, loads of mirrors,(No hiding place, so my mush everywhere). decor was superb, excellent shower room and a very spacious balcony which was above the stern. I would have no hesitation in giving it 5+. The smoking in the lounges in my opinion is the ships downfall