Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Lindypops: Had a good time but a few issues
Overall Member Rating
Had a good time but a few issues
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Don't get me wrong we enjoyed our cruise and would still cruise with RCI again (we are Diamond) but we did think that there were a few negatives.
- Voyager is looking tired, the carpets in the cabins and some corridors were badly stained, wall paper was torn in many places, many chairs especially in the Deck 14 lounges were well worn and even broken.
- Windjammer -- The food was just warm most of the time, I did not see anyone testing the temperature of the food in the trays at anytime, considering the Norovirus which had gripped the ship for the last 2 cruises I would have thought this was vital. It was often very difficult to get a seat in the Windjammer due to people sitting long after they had finished eating, the weather was not the best and I suppose they thought once they had found a seat they would not let it go. The staff made no effort to ask people to move once they had finshed eating.
- Many people were not using the hand sanitisers prior to using the More Windjammer and the dining rooms and we both saw people in the toilets not washing their hands.
- Norovirus there could have been more information during the cruise about how many people were affected and that even though the self service was reinstated after 5 days it was still important for people to take precautions. We did hear that if you became ill they isolated all cabin members to their cabins for 5 days, we heard of many people being ill and not reporting it. Apparently numbers reporting illness at the end of the cruise increased and self service was take away
Now the good :-
- Gordon the cruise director - 5 star, he was so good and worked so hard
- The ports of call, all new to us, and sailing into Sydney on the last evening was unforgettable.
- My time dining we met some really nice people and a few characters. The food in the dining room was good and always on hot plates( cold plates are a pet hate of mine) staff were attentive.
- Plenty of sunbeds on the few days when it was possible, due to the weather, to sit outside.
- Entertainment was excellent in general even though some of the theatre shows were not to our taste
- Getting on and off the ship at the ports was always very quick and easy.
We got the impression that RCI had sent Voyager to Australia to see if the market would stand such a big ship, it is a shame they did not send a smarter ship as a lot of Aussies were complaining and word will spread about the condition of the ship.
None of the bad points were show stoppers we had a great time and met some great people. Less
Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: E1 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Read All Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Thank you Pacific Pearl; whett...
First time on P&O and never ag...
Rookie Cruise Goers; Had a Gre...
Open Minded but Disappointed
Do not join Cruise of Royal Ca...
Pros and Cons of Royal Caribbe...
A Nice Break from the Everyday
Great food at Windjammer