“Bahama cruise disappointment”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I've only done one cruise before this - Royal Caribbean to Bermuda and I absolutely loved it. My sister in law found a deal on this NCL cruise to Florida and the Bahamas and my girlfriend and I decided to join. What a mistake. The ship is old and run-down. Several areas had a musty, mildew smell. Our cabin bathroom had a funky smell (and all the toilets in our area stopped working one day). When I reported it, I got - oh yeah, we know - none of them are working. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. Kinda silly, but I could not get a hot pancake (even fresh in the serving pan)... The food everywhere was so-so. The Azura restaurant was very slow - it took 45 minutes to get a glass of wine. Seems like you have to pay extra for anything decent to eat. My biggest letdown was that it was too windy to go to the private island. That was the only part of the cruise that I was looking forward to. Nothing was done to compensate us. The Bahamas is a dumpy tourist trap. The cruise line kept harping about all the jewelry stores we had to visit and kept piling on the loads of BS about how much the stuff will appreciate (30% in one year!). Since we were stuck on board, it would have been nice to use the pools but they were closed most of the time. One day because they were treating it with chemicals, one day for crew safety training and twice because the seas were rough and the pool was sloshing too much. Sinks clogged and overflowing with vomit was the last straw. I will never use NCL and have been recommending others to do the same.
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

Port
The main area is a tourist trap. We did walk to the old fort and took the tour. Pretty decent. Felt like everywhere we went someone was trying to sell us something. Very different than Bermuda.
Read 4,118 Nassau Reviews
Published 12/09/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?