Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Martin85

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 09
Public Rooms Not Rated
        10-12 2.0

1st Time on Celebrity and Very Disappointed!
We had a group of 32 friends and family on this cruise and all but one couple thought it was the worst service any of us had experienced on a cruise ship. We were expecting much more since "Celebrity" is supposedly one of the premier cruise lines. I could have saved a couple hundred per person and gone on Carnival.

THE BAD - the cruise started with my wife finding a needle and syringe in the cabin left over from the previous guest. We were very upset since we were traveling with our 11 year old son and he had been in and out of the room a few times on his own. I obviously brought the cabin steward to the room and he apologized but stated he had just boarded the ship himself and that someone else cleaned our room. 20 minutes later I found a tote bag on the chair tucked under the desk, again from the previous guest. I demanded that our room be re-cleaned while we were at dinner. I was expecting to here an apology from a supervisor/manager but received no messages the next day. On the third day I went to Guest Services to complain about charges on my account (that were not mine) and also mentioned about the needle. Again no message from anyone in management. The next day the beverage manager heard a few of us complaining about the bar service. Since I hadn't heard from any other manager I used the opportunity to voice my displeasure regarding the needle and syringe. A few hours later I did have a message on my phone from Guest Services - the message asked is I was satisfied with the cleanliness of my room - stupid question.

The pre-paid beverage packages are ok but the bar service has gone way down because of it. Tips are already included and shared among all the bar servers and therefore there is no urgency. They make the same tip amount whether they serve you 1 drink or 20. We waited quite often at various bars and on the pool deck for service.

THE GOOD - Our most enjoyable part of the day was having a pre-dinner glass of wine at the Cellar Masters Wine Bar. Our host was Anna from Croatia and she was fabulous. Sit at the bar and she will enjoy telling you all about wine.

We also had a great waiter in the Dinning Room, since we prepaid all tips we did not have assigned seating. We had a couple of different waiters but Wawan was the best. He was the only one who would go through and explain the menu.

The ports of call, (St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas) were the best we have experienced on any Caribbean cruise.

The Food - some meals were very good but others bad. I think 4 or 5 people in our group actually sent back dinners (skip the BBQ ribs & Gnocchi).

Overall I was not impressed with Celebrity, I feel we didn't get what we paid for, our trip on the Norwegian Pearl a couple years ago was much more enjoyable.

Publication Date: 12/09/12