Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by AussieChook: Fantastic ship

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic ship

Sail Date: November 2012

This was my first cruise with RCI and I was not disappointed. Check-in was smooth, although we had to wait for about half an hour to board once we'd got through customs. The cabin was very clean, although smaller than I'd expected for a verandah cabin, but the balcony was lovely with enough room to easily take four or five people, with a table and two chairs. The bathroom was tiny, but if one person was in the shower, and the other person at the sink, it was ok. Downside of the shower - no shower/bath gel, only a bar of soap. There was a wall mounted shampoo dispenser (which got knocked off it's perch very easily)but you could ask the cabin steward for shower gel and conditioner and body lotion, although it was annoying having to ask for these as they weren't automatically restocked. There is plenty of cupboard space and an in-room safe. The bed was extremely comfortable and soft, with an egg carton mattress topper. No tea or coffee facilities but you could get 24 hour food/drinks More from any of the dining options open and bring it back to your cabin. We also used the free room service for breakfast most mornings (tried Windjammers for brekky once and the noise and multitudes sent us scurrying back to our cabin for peace and quiet!). The ship is really amazing, very beautiful inside and lots of dining options. We mostly ate in the Adagio (main restaurant) under My Time Dining - word of advice, always book your table and time under this system otherwise you'll have to queue for a long time. We tried Samba's Brazilian steak house ($40 per person) but that was very disappointing and the meat was tough and inedible. Otherwise the dining options offered a great selection of food and we tried out most of the free dining places.

The shows were all amazing and so well choreographed - they run for up to five years without changing but the Headliner act changes every few weeks, we had a ventriloquist who was OK but the hour long act could have used another person to help carry it along. The comedy show was brilliant - I haven't laughed so much for years and the Ocean Aria was breathtaking. I pre-booked all the shows and so had a seat - definitely don't leave it until you're on board because you probably won't get in.

There was absolutely no need to hog pool chairs with towels/books etc as there were plenty for everyone. Space was not hard to find and for a peaceful reading area, go to the Viking Lounge, which was lovely.

I would definitely go on this ship again, but if time permitted I'd do the East and West Caribbean together, because we fitted in 6 shows in 6 nights and it would have been nice to have had a breather in between!

The Spa was lovely and we used it several times. The gym was spacious with lots of equipment and the running track was a very good idea so that you didn't get people pacing around the upper decks. There was a good number of spa pools and swimming pools and I'd thoroughly recommend doing the Ships Tour (on the last day) that took us around the kitchen, laundry, bridge, engine room HQ AND more! The shops on board were well priced and offered some very good items. Pricing for drinks was cheaper than what we'd pay in Australia.
Would I travel again with RCI? Definitely, the staff were excellent, all smiling and friendly at all times, even if we only saw them once, they always said good day. It was such a pleasure to have such a happy environment, unlike hotels where service can be very dodgy! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 9 10274

We had cabin 10274, so deck 10, about four cabins from the lobby. It had a lovely balcony and I'd recommend balconies again just for the peace and quiet. There were three decks that didn't have any public areas on them, deck 10 being one and so it was exceptionally quiet.

Very efficient boarding the ship, but a little chaotic disembarking and trying to find luggage.