Carnival Victory 2

natalee07
Member Since 2012
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

7-Days Caribbean from San Juan, Pr, St. Thomas, Sea Day, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten.

Positives: Had an entire day at each port. The room Stewards were awesome, The servers that were assigned to our table was awesome table 414 (pacific dinning room). Was able to purchase alcohol before boarding the ship to take to my room in San Juan, PR.

Negatives: The staff in the buffet area on the lido deck were rude, one morning I went to the omelet station and I caught one of the passenger licking a knife that was used in the peanut butter, I ask the passenger not to put the knife back in the peanut butter because that was just nasty, he put the knife to the side and I placed it on the other side of the counter so no one else to get to it, I then proceed to call one of the guys behind the counter and he just ignored me. Lack of wait staff to assist with getting coffee and water and such items that the passengers needed. The ship catered to Spanish and to the More diverse culture that was on the ship (the clubs played a lot of Spanish music). Lacking in activities. Food selection in the dinning room after day number three went down, it went from OK to bad.

Room: The shower curtain at the bottom was brown and not white as the rest of the curtain. The shower wall had black areas that looked like mold. The room was small in comparison to Princess Cruises. The room had a bad odor, I could definitely tell that the ship was old. The balcony was small as well. The excursion on the cruise was over priced, therefore I did the excursions with the locals. I was told that Carnival is trying to cut out the Reggae band on this cruise and that would be a mistake because they were awesome. I will try other cruise lines. I will not get on this ship again. Less

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8547
Small Balcony Bad odor to room Shower wall had black spots on the wall like mold. I was not pleased. Will not take this cruise again.

Island Tour
The driver took us to a residential area and we were able to see the green monkeys on the side of the street.

Before the cruise I took the complimentary trolley around Old San Juan, Did the fort and the Bacardi distillery.
Read 2234 San Juan Reviews

Beautiful Island
Read 1036 St. Kitts Reviews

Took a tour with a private company. The drive to get to the volcano was an hour and a half which was took long of a ride. I am ecstatic that I got to see the drive in volcano and I was able experience the mineral bath.

St. John Tour
Took the ferry to ST. John for $6 and then took a private tour for $25 per person.

Published 12/09/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?